Christmas Wiifamily time:)

GreyKirby

Fo-Weva Pink!
Sep 18, 2006
In The Real World
Hi people, I was just wondering
How are you planning to show your family a good time with your wii on christmas, assuming you have one.
If you don't what's going on and how do you plan on getting yours, and if you already do have yours and can only open it at X-mas, What is will be your reaction or the same question as i said earlier :p

Currently:
No wii, My parents are very very enthousiastic about me getting a wii, actualy this is the first time they ever are this enthousiastic about me buying a Console.
They aren't gamers actualy... Which is surprising, they have never touched a video game in their lives! My mother who had phoned my brother who lives in Ottawa and asked him to try and find a wii and bring it for Christmas if he gets one. While us we are also on the search. My other brother (okay i have 5 siblings currently 2 living at home with me and 3 out living on their own)
who works for a video game company is going to bring back some DS and Wii games! And my Sister... She lives in Korea so she isn't comming back :(
Now what the rest of us home are doing is buying our siblings gifts and searching for a wii too! WOOT :p
Anywho I plan to spend my X-mas well having fun and maybe play with my siblings some wiisports and other games :)

And you?

Good luck in your Wii hunt. Best advice to give your parents is to call the stores that carry Wii's and call them often. I had a list of like 8 stores in my area that sold Wii's. Every day, a few times a day I would call them and ask if they got any Wii's in, I did the same for wiimotes, nunchucks etc. Since most stores won't put you on a waiting list, the next best thing is call and call often. I got my Wii on the 28th of Nov, I called one of the Target stores in my area, when the girl told me they had some I didn't believe her, I asked again, "are you serious?" lol, yeah she was, she told me they had a few left hurry on down cause they are going fast. Persistance pays off, I currently have the Wii, 4 wiimotes, 4 colored gloves and 2 nunchuks. (not sure if I need more nunchuks I don't have a game that requires more then nunchuks for 2 players yet.

my parents don't want to try the new wii >< They are still stuck with the grey looking NES ><

I am bringing my wii home with me for X-mas. They sounded pretty happy that I got one (mostly because now they know what they can get me.. ie games).
They have also said they want to try it and mentioned that it looks pretty fun. Thats a pretty big step since i don't think i have ever seen my parents play any sort of video game in my entire life.

Well, this year im having a double feature. My parents got me a wii and a new LG HDTV 32 inch! So I plan to wow everyone with tiles such as. Wii Sports, Red Steel, Call Of Duty 3, and last but not least Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess. I think everything will go excellent just as I have planned. I will post the results later.

My situation:
My mom convinced me back in November not to buy a Wii for myself on launch day and to save my money. I quit my job in October and have been using what I had saved up. I had the money to buy the Wii, but I decided to save it figuring my mom was scheming to get me one, since she discouraged me getting one for myself. This turned out to be the case, but she confronted me randomly one day and confessed that she tried to get one, but couldn't.

She made me a deal where if I would go and stand in line to get one, she would pay for it since she already bought my sister something of comparable value for Christmas. But if I do get one, I can't open it until Christmas morning. I think it's a good deal.

Anyways, when I get my Wii on the 17th, I'm going to agonizingly wait for it and then eventually play Wii sports with my family showing them the new and innovative control scheme. I think my dad has been interested in it ever since I told him about how you had to play Madden, so I plan on picking that up and another controller so we can play some football together.

GreyKirby said:
Currently:
No wii, My parents are very very enthousiastic about me getting a wii, actualy this is the first time they ever are this enthousiastic about me buying a Console.
They aren't gamers actualy... Which is surprising, they have never touched a video game in their lives!
That's exactly the same with my parents! Especially my mum, I'm getting my Wii tomorrow or Tuesday and she can't wait :p

When I do get my wii, assuming I get it before Christmas. I'll be bringing it to my grandparents house on Christmas eve, and probably on Christmas day too for everyone to play. It shall be a fun time.

My family has been playing since launch, but we do have a family reunion on the 24th. An uncle is bringing a projector, and we're bringing the Wii and a custom sensor bar for some fun. With a million relatives, it's unlikely that I'll even touch the Wii that day.

Back