Classic Controller and N64

Homesrfan

ftw
Nov 1, 2006
Are there C buttons on the classic controllers?
From what I've seen there aren't. How will N64 games work with that?

christicehurst said:
If there's a Wii, there a way. I'm sure they have this covered. Don't worry.
Right, and I'm sure they do. I'm just curious on how the heck they are going to integrate it.

Considering the Classic Controller has a total of 8 buttons (including the L and R and two Z shoulder buttons) while the N64 had a total of 9 buttons (the only thing the N64 controller had was a trigger on the underside) and rarely did a game use all of these buttons, I'm sure playing games with the Classic Controller will work out. If not, I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo made a Wii-looking N64 Classic Controller shell; I'd buy one if they did.:D

For reference:

180px-N64-controller-white.jpg
wii_classic_controller.jpg

Last edited:
NateTheGreat said:
Considering the Classic Controller has a total of 8 buttons (including the L and R and two Z shoulder buttons) while the N64 had a total of 9 buttons (the only thing the N64 controller had was a trigger on the underside) and rarely did a game use all of these buttons, I'm sure playing games with the Classic Controller will work out. If not, I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo made a Wii-looking N64 Classic Controller shell; I'd buy one if they did.:D

For reference:

180px-N64-controller-white.jpg
wii_classic_controller.jpg
wii-classic-controller.JPG

Notice that two of those are x and y. I have a feeling it's going to be a little hard to play with the Classic controller with N64 games. There are two small buttons on the top that might work as C buttons and the x and y might...

um....i think its pretty obvious that the second analog stick is the c-stick......u know. i mean, that just seems aparent to me

lloyd_yayo said:
um....i think its pretty obvious that the second analog stick is the c-stick......u know. i mean, that just seems aparent to me
o_O Analog stick for buttons. I guess your right but it never crossed my mind. Hm, interesting.

Ugh I hate dual analog sticks, have just never found them comfy to play, nor did i like the C buttons to be honest. Barely used them on the N64. Its one of the main reason I love the idea of the wii as it just knocks the need right out.

Alright, thanks guys for the info! I've been wondering this for a while. :)

The C buttons were mostly used for camera positioning or Movement in Turok... which starts me to beleive that the C buttons are just replaced by the second analog shtick

ocdan said:
The C buttons were mostly used for camera positioning or Movement in Turok... which starts me to beleive that the C buttons are just replaced by the second analog shtick

yup! +00000

Homesrfan said:
wii-classic-controller.JPG

Notice that two of those are x and y. I have a feeling it's going to be a little hard to play with the Classic controller with N64 games. There are two small buttons on the top that might work as C buttons and the x and y might...
See that top button in the centre, no its not a cable because the cable comes out the bottom. I saw in this magazine called NGamer (Pplz in UK and AUS should know this one) and it shows that when the top button is pressed, these two flaps at the back open and close like vents, ITS ACE!

Back