Classic Controller on PC???

I'm trying to encourage these guys to make USB adapters for the Wii Classic Pad, or atleast maybe a corded version of the controller with a USB plug and HID support. Perhaps it may encourage them more to have more feedback.

Wanna help?
http://hkems.proboards49.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=general&thread=230&page=1

Here's a concept photo I made, it's a shoop of one that I saw on ebay with a GameCube plug.
Wii_Controller_For_PC.png

Last edited:
I for one think a USB adapter would sell.
I say an adapter, rather than a direct splice with a classic controller,
because it would be especially popular within the vs. fighter community for use of the Wii Hori Arcade stick on PC.
(it's basically a warped classic controller, it plugs into the wii remote)
0087312400104_215X215.jpg

Recently on SRK people have been discussing and working on modification of the Wii Hori Arcade Stick to work on PS3 and 360 for mainly three good reasons:
1.) It's cheaper than any other arcade stick on the market
2.) It has turbo functionality for every single button
3.) The majority of all arcade sticks aside from it are sold out everywhere
(due to the release of Street Fighter IV for 360/PS3)

Street Fighter IV is due to release for PC in the coming months as well,
so demand for a classic controller to USB adapter will be much higher,
since there aren't really any decent arcade sticks on the market for PC as it is.

Last edited:
^ Thanks, for the support... I think. But we need to get alot more people in on
this. Adapter cable or pre-fab for pc, the guy still thinks its an unpopular idea.

Last edited:
Email them and let them know that such an adapter is desired.

website @ 4triangles . com
vicky @ mayflash . com
henry @ hkems . com

The guy at Hkems says that they have the ability to make such an adapter, "But that controller is not so popular" I am doubtful of that, the Classic is one of the best gamepads around in my opinion, and people are always trying to make hacks for it to use it on other consoles. Help me by coming over and showing them that people want this.

http://hkems.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=general&thread=230&page=1
Meh
The best pad is dependent on what game its used for

Fighting - Saturn
Shooting - Mouse and keyboard
Platform - Depends on the game. Good platform games are built around the controller
Run and gun - Id say Saturn pad
Scrolling shooter - Well for this you need a good arcade stick

I am mostly speaking in terms of emulated games, and since if it were going through a direct to USB adapter which would let me use it with Joy2Key, I'd be able to map the buttons to my own preferences for whatever emulator I'm using it with. That and I just like the feel of the controller, it feels solid, and I definitely like the d-pad better than most of the controllers I've tried.

Mayflash just responded and said they will make such an adapter.
They didn't say when it'd be released, but they're working on it.

I just got a reply from Vicky at Mayflash, saying that the Wii Classic Controller to USB PC adapter should be completed and available either by the end of September or October.

Back