Classic Controller... Worth It?

wowilookgood

WiiChat Member
Jan 8, 2007
I want to buy N64 games and I think the buttons would be easier then cbe because they are original.

Help please.

I think definitly get a classic controller, there only 15quid and worth it, the controls on some VC games when using the GC controller is complete crap, play has been optimised for the classic controller, plus it matches the wii console and wiiremote and nunchuk,:lol:

I got it at the same time than i got my wii, on release date.
I havent used it much, but i have a lot of VC, but most of them i only use my wiimote ... For M64 i use it and GCcontroler also its quite the same but i think i prefer the classic.
I say get it but its not an obligation if you have a GC controler

Gamecube controllers work just fine for VC games, including the N64 games. I got a Classic & a Wavebird (Wireless GC controller) for Christmas and I only used the Classic once to try it out. . .I've been using the Wavebird for all my VC and GC game playing.

wowilookgood said:
I want to buy N64 games and I think the buttons would be easier then cbe because they are original.

Help please.

I don't own a classic controller so I can't really say, but I do want one. I think playing it on my wavebird is kind of weird and frustrating at certain points in mario64. With Zelda A Link to the Past for SNES I can barely get Link to face the way I want him too lol.

From the looks of the classic controller it looks like it will better suit my needs and my gameplay style though.

the problem with GC controllers - is the stick - the surface of it does mess up thumb if you playing for a couple of hours...the wii sticks are smother not ridged (for your suffering.) so are easier.

If you like me and have a GC controller from your cube - just keep it and forget about the CC (but check the wii virtual console games on wikipedia to make sure they are compatible.)

i have sonic, bomberman, mario (original) and zelda (original).

so yeah, for 25$ odd bucks, you cant go wrong.

I traded in my Gamecube to get the CC, it's all EB would give me for it. Having done that, I'm happy with the CC, if you want that sleek white look on everything just like i do, get it! :D

seems like GC controllers are compatable with most games. i'd rather go with the classic though

I think the classic controllers are pretty good.

Only downside is that it uses the battery up in whatever wii-mote you connect it to whilst you are playing. So if you don't use rechargeables then it may become quite annoying.

Supposedly not all VC games are guaranteed to be compatible with the Gamecube controller, but I haven't seen any yet that aren't. Personally I think that the classic controller is worth it, 'cos a few games feel a bit awkward to play using the GC controller.

Needing a quick bit of advice here.

I already have 2 remotes, a classic controller and 1 nunchuck. The downloaded games I have are Mario 64 (classic controller) Bomberman (2 remotes), sonic (classic/remote) and mariokart 64 (classic).

Problem is if I buy another classic controller then for the likes of bomberman then I'll stil only have 2 controllers to play it with, whereas if I buy a GC controller it will give me 3 available controllers.

With MarioKart 64 it's no use just having one player, so what would you recommend, a GC controller or Classic Controller additionally? Game UK have released several GC 'wii style' controllers for £10, keeping with the white look. I'm worried about wasting £15 and then having to buy a GC controller in the future for SSBB anyway. Thanks.

Back