Component Cables: DVD or Wii?

tonyr1988

WiiChat Member
Dec 12, 2006
Arkansas, United States
Wii Online Code
5915-3034-4885-8290
I have a new LCD TV (small, nothing too fancy, but lots better than my previous), and it's got two inputs: composite and component. My problem: my WIi and DVD player are currently using composite cables, so I'm switching back and forth between the two.

So....I need to upgrade one of them to component. Both of them support it, but I'm not sure which one will benefit more. So....which is it? DVD or Wii?

PS I've also heard about problems when switching from component to composite on the Wii (like when I bring it to a friend's house). Anyone having that problem here?

Last edited:
Do both. Go out and get yourself an A/B switch for component cables. Plug both units into the switch and then plug the switch into the TV's component inputs. That way you've got the best of both worlds.

DVD player all the way, especially if its a high-def DVD player or an upscaling one. The wii will only do 480p, which will give you a slightly sharper image but not by much. Depending on your TV and the DVD player you could get 720p, 1080i or 1080p which will give you a much sharper image than the wii can.

Back