confusing brightness problems - any ideas?

kwebst

WiiChat Member
Jan 4, 2011
scotland
HI GUys
Hopefully some of you out there can give me some ideas on what to do next. We have a 2 year old wii which has worked perfectly since the day it was connected. We bought a new Sony Bravia TV 1 year ago and this caused no problems at all for the wii. However, about 3 weeks ago things changed. We could be in the middle of a game when suddenly the brightness would change dramatically, becoming so bright we just had to switch off the wii. The problem is getting steadily worse and can happen as soon as we switch the wii on now and we have no choice but to switch it off as its impossible to play. It is not specific to one game but can happen with lots. If it is a TV problem why now and not a year ago - we have changed nothing in the settings. There is no pixel problem so nintendo are suggesting it is with the TV and not the Wii. Any ideas please as its frustrating to ay the least!
cheers

are you using the right cables? maybe you need HD cables to match your tv.

HI
We've been using the cables which came with the wii. If it was a cable problem though, why would it work for a year and then start giving us problems? We've checked for loose connections but are baffled at the moment.

well only thing i can think of is a cable problem. or maybe your tv needs to be replaced, idk maybe not. iv'e had my wii for 1 year . and no problems, i have a little sony tv thats like 10'x10' since 2003 and the only problem it has is when you try to turn the volume down it will change channels then we have to put it back to the right channel idk why your tv is messing up maybe your wii cables need to be replaced? i seriously dont know

:bacon::bacon:

See if you can hook up the console to another TV and reproduce the issue. If it happens again, the TV isn't likely the issue. After that, try replacing the cable. Maybe you have a friend who can lend you theirs? And if they do, try their Wii on your TV as well. You should be able to figure out the brightness thing after trying all of these steps.

Back