Connection Help

Error code

I'm trying to connect with my wireless network. The ssid shows up, but the connection test fails with error code 52130. I have disabled WEP and all MAC ids are normally accepted. Any suggestions?

krnk123 said:
error 52030. I am trying to connect the Wii online via wireless through apples base stations. The Wii is able to find the base station as an access point and everything works fine until the connection test.

Make sure your wireless router is set to mixed signal. Meaning that it is broadcasting in both the 802.11b/802.11g protocoll. After that, if it still isn't working, try to change the frequency to either 1 or 11.

suebo said:
I'm trying to connect with my wireless network. The ssid shows up, but the connection test fails with error code 52130. I have disabled WEP and all MAC ids are normally accepted. Any suggestions?

Firs thing you should do is make sure your firmware for your router is up-to-date.You should enable WEP but set it to the lower encryption to get faster speeds. Disable MAC filtering. Set your router to accept both 802.11b/802.11g protocols and make sure your frequency range is set on 1 or 11. That should fix the problem.

Most Errors For Connecting Wirelessly

First off, you should update your firmware for your router. This can be done by going to the website of your manufacturer or by finding the link on the support site of nintendo. After you update your firmware you have to reconnect your PC via ethernet to access the setup menu. After configuring as follows, you can unplug your ethernet cable and continue to use wireless if you preffer.

Next you should note the protocol in which your router is using. The protocols are as follows in order of newness and speed.
  • 802.11N
  • 802.11G
  • 802.11B

The wireless card in the Wii uses the 802.11B protocol so in order for your router to communicate with the Wii you must enable it too. This can be done in your router setup.

The next thing to do is update the frequency in which your wireless router is broadcasting. Nintendo reccomends using 1 or 11. However some people use other frequencies. I found 1 works the best.

If you don't know how to work MAC filtering Disable it.

Optional things are WEP. This will make your network secure and is a good idea. I reccoment using 64-bit encryption as it will not slow down your network speeds like 128-bit.

If you follow these steps you should be able to connect to the internet with your Wii.

Make sure you understand how to update your router. The sequence in which to connnect the power. i.e. Cable Modem - then - Router - then - PC

If you WEP or another typ of encryption make sure that all the machines (including your Wii) is updated with the correct KEY that is listed first in your setup menu.

Good luck.
Lonsalot

Hi!

When i try to buy some Wii-points i get the error "208015". Does anybody knows what that mean?!?!

Thks!

Last edited:
i keep gettin error 52140..noticed a few ppl on here have had it...has n e one managed to fix it...im using the nintendo usb thing..on the university internet so dunno what it is.

JoeLeicester said:
i keep gettin error 52140..noticed a few ppl on here have had it...has n e one managed to fix it...im using the nintendo usb thing..on the university internet so dunno what it is.

Bump same here :smilewinkgrin:

Ive had a Wii since they where 1st out in the UK and have always wanted to get online, can anyone help, I'm convinced that its because im using Aol, but its really frustraiting, I Keep getting the error code 51420-51422, ive bought a Wi-fi Usb connector and now also a LAN wired connection, and guess what tried both and still every time i try a CONECTION TEST nothing same error codes ARHHHH

Ive turned off the Widows Firewall even uninstalled the Norton Virus software and still nothing, with the Wi-fi it saw the connection but then just came up with the error,

Many thanks ahead Adam

Hi, my step-dad is the one that deals with all the routers and internet connections and what not. I got the WEP code and everything works fine until the connection test and gives me error 52030. I've come to the conclusion that my step-dad has to change the settings on the router.

Will this require setting up the whole connection again? Would you say that it's a pain in the neck to re-setup the whole connection?

For anyone who has had this problem, is it a pain in the neck to re-setup the connection? Thanks!

Last edited:
Wiieasel said:
Error code 51340. Can anybody help me out on this please?

I just had the same problem a few hours ago, but I got it fixed. Here's what I did: First, I removed the Wi-Fi USB connector from my PC. I then uninstalled the Wi-Fi USB connector software, making sure to RESTART my computer after the uninstallation was complete. I then re-installed the software (you can use either the disk that came with it or the download found at nintendo's support section of their website(www.support.nintendo.com)). Once the installation is complete, re-remove your Wi-Fi USB connector for at least 10 minutes (Mine was very warm), and re-insert it into your PC's USB port. Then open the Wi-Fi USB connector registration tool. Now, go into your Wii's connection settings, delete the current connection you have with the Wi-Fi USB connector (I don't know if thats a required step, but remember, this is how I got mine to work), then go through the process of making the connection to the USB adaptor again. Your Wii should be able to connect to the adaptor, and complete the test.

(Note:This should work for error codes 51340-51342)

Hey, I'm getting an error code 52140 when I try to test the connection between the Nintendo WiFi USB adapter and my Wii. Can someone help? I'm tearing my hair out!

Hey, I recently posted a reply (#339) and I am very sorry but I wrote the wrong error number. The correct one is 51330. I really want an internet connection on my Wii, so if there's anyone who can help, PLEASE do! This is what my last reply said:

I've come to the conclusion that my step-dad has to change the settings on the router.

Will this require setting up the whole connection again? Would you say that it's a pain in the neck to re-setup the whole connection?

For anyone who has had this problem, is it a pain in the neck to re-setup the connection? Thanks!

PS. The router is Microsoft MN-700

Last edited:
Help!

i would GREATLY appreciate anyone who cud help me out!

i have a D-link router (DI-614+)

when i try and get the Wii online, i can pick an access point, but then it wont connect during the connection test..

Error Code: 51330
unable to connect to internet. choose internet seetings and then confirm your connection.

im stumped. i have the latest firmware. i duno what else 2 do.

thanks in advance 2 anyone who can help me out!

Error 221000

I have tested my connection successfully, installed the updates and everything seems fine with the connection.

But when I try to use any of the online services, it needs me to accept the online agreement. When it connects to do this, about 3 mins later comes up saying can not connect due to error 221000???

Back