Connection Help

how the hell do
you change channals?

like, i keep hearing people say"change to chanell 9 of 1-11, so i do i do that?!?!?!:mad5:

Well I don't know how it works for others but I typed http://192.168.1.1 in the browser, put in the name and password, it's usually admin and admin, then under basic wireless settings, you can change the channel.

Help-51330

Just got my Wii,nice little console,but turning into a major pain.I have a Belkin45g wireless router,have 2 PCs(wired) and a Laptop(wireless) and a Xbox1(wired) and a Xbox360(wireless) all connected with no trouble,but the Wii dosent seem to want to know.
Tried all the manual changes,re connected dozens of times,but no good.
Any ideas?

Telekon said:
Sorted My Wii out,2 changes to my Belkin router and its running a treat.:yesnod:

Belkin? are u sure? that's what i'm using, and it won't work!!!

Settings

Lomax said:
Belkin? are u sure? that's what i'm using, and it won't work!!!

Hi,u need the change the wireless settings for ur router
wireless channel to 1, Wireless mode to 54G LRS ,Protected Mode On

And I didnt touch the Turbo Mode
But it works a treat,no problems (yet)
Hope this helps

I got the Nintendo WiFi USB connector. I have my wii hooked up in my room, and my PC is hooked down in my basement. I always get the error code: 51040. Everything seems to be plugged in the right places, but it has a hard time connecting. Like, 1 in 10 trys(if even that) it will connect. What can I do to get it to connect better? Should I just go out and buy a wireless router? Help Please!!

error message 200004 - i keep getting this after trying to download the opera browser....

Error Code 51330

Ok - I've done a bit of research, but trying to go through this whole thread is a bit daunting, so hopefully no one gets mad for this (I'm sure it is) repeat question!

We got a Wii this weekend. I tried today to hook it up wirelessly to our connection (DSL). The first time, it found our connection, the test went fine, it connected, did a update (which took forever) and then i went to do the WiiConnect24 or whatever it is called and gave me Error Code 51330 saying it couldn't connect. So a friend suggested I delete the connection and try again. (I had also tried restarting the system to no avail). I deleted the connection and when I first searched for an existing connection, it found nothing. Then I tried it again a few minutes later and it pulled up our connection. This time, the test did not go through.

So what is happening? I am pretty dumb when it comes to the actual modem and stuff...so if you tell me to change channels (which I've looked on the modem and see nothing about channels?) or to update my firmware, please give me directions on how to do that! I'm so confused...

Thanks for reading!

I keep getting error code 52020. I'm using the Datel LAN adapter to connect the Wii to my DSL modem, but I keep getting the same error code and I've followed the instructions each time. My ethernet and DSL lights on my modem are all a steady green, but the activity light flashes every once in a while when I'm trying to connect. Also, it should be noted that my Wii is from the second batch. I've been hearing that only LAN adapters from Nintendo are the only ones that are compatible with the newer ones. Also, this is what the error code says.

Power cycle your router and modem by unplugging them both from the wall. Wait a few minutes, and plug the modem back in. Wait a couple of minutes for the modem to initialize, then turn on the router. Try to connect the Wii console online and test for proper response.

If you are connecting directly to a modem, try a "Manual Setup" with the Wii console (how to), using your network's IP address, Default Gateway, Subnet Mask, and DNS information. To access these settings:
On your PC, click "Start" and then "Run."
Type "CMD" into the field that appears to open a new window.
Type "IPCONFIG/ALL" and press "Enter" to display a list of internet settings, including the settings listed above. Input these exactly as they're listed into the "Manual Setup" of the Wii console's internet connection.

Back