Connection Issues

Hickeroar

Playing with your Wii?
Apr 18, 2007
Wii Online Code
8827-4512-6313-9760
I can't seem to make a stable connection to the internet on my Wii. Wiiconnect24 won't even update stuff. It did ONE time, but that's the last time I've seen that lovely blue glow...

I have two PCs and their wireless connections work perfectly. With the Wii it's hit and miss. It'll be working fine and then just stop working at all. It's sitting about 3-4 feet from the wireless router so is it possible that the wireless signal is TOO strong? Anything I do on the internet from the Wii seems to take forever, but I can pull off a 10mbit download on either of the PCs and the pages load almost instantly.

Is this normal or does anyone have any suggestions?

11 i believe. I'll double check this evening.

It was set to 6. Since I'm in an apartment and there are scores of access-points around I think it was causing interference for the Wii (All routers seem to have 6 set as their default channel). I changed it to channel 11 and it's been working wonderfully. Thanks for the tip. :)

Before I tried this i bought a Wii Datel wired lan adapter which was DOA. Go figure. Doesn't work a lick and I followed the directions to a "T" several times. I'm just glad I got the wireless working now.

Hickeroar said:
It was set to 6. Since I'm in an apartment and there are scores of access-points around I think it was causing interference for the Wii. I changed it to channel 11 and it's been working wonderfully. Thanks for the tip. :)
Glad I could help.:thumbsup:

Byuakuya said:
Glad I could help.:thumbsup:

Geeze. You replied while i was editing. That was quick. :-O

Byuakuya said:
Yeah I just saw the reply and decided to check it out.
Anyway you have any plans to download any VC games?

I download NES "Super Mario Bros" last night. I sure wish they'd add 2 & 3 in there as well. How does SNES "Super Mario World" compared to 2 & 3?

Hickeroar said:
I download NES "Super Mario Bros" last night. I sure wish they'd add 2 & 3 in there as well. How does SNES "Super Mario World" compared to 2 & 3?
Its cool. Yeah I wish they would add it on there as well. But I guess everyone prefers thier own one when it comes to the Mario games. I personally think that Super Mario World is really good.

Byuakuya said:
Its cool. Yeah I wish they would add it on there as well. But I guess everyone prefers thier own one when it comes to the Mario games. I personally think that Super Mario World is really good.

I bought the NES game and it turns out it wasn't the one my wife liked. She likes 2 or 3. SMW might be just as good for her liking.

Back