Connection Speed

mark84

WiiChat Member
May 19, 2007
Does anyone elses wii get a poor connection speed? I noticed it when i tryed to load a video on youtube that i'd ben watching on the PC earlier, on the PC it loaded up much quicker than it was played, however the wii kept catching up with the download. When i checked how fast the wii was dl'ing stuff at it said it was only hitting around 350kbps, and its upload speed was a poor 150ish. I just wonder whats the reason for this, its much slower than the PC's on the network, is it perhaps because of processing reasons - the wii's limited memory room that is "slowing" the connection down maybe?
I'm curious, I'm hoping these speeds will be fine for strikers charged, cos they seem slow to me! Thankyou

hi

it's more likely to be due to the Wii's inferior memory management. remember a pc can use it's hdd to "cache" information more efficiently than the Wii can with it's fairly small 512MB of flash memory.

Same thing as guy above.

If you want to join the wiichat strikers charged tournement then click the link in my signature :)

lee

lee.jarratt said:
Same thing as guy above.

If you want to join the wiichat strikers charged tournement then click the link in my signature :)

lee

Thanks FR33 and Lee (i'm a poet i just dont know it).
Yeah Lee, i'd love to join the tournement, i'm having a slight cash flow problem at the moment as they say, should be able to get it in the next couple of weeks assuming there's plenty in stock so i'll confirm then :) I cant wait for it, i've spent way too long watching the same youtube clips over and over again!

mark84 said:
Thanks FR33 and Lee (i'm a poet i just dont know it).
Yeah Lee, i'd love to join the tournement, i'm having a slight cash flow problem at the moment as they say, should be able to get it in the next couple of weeks assuming there's plenty in stock so i'll confirm then :) I cant wait for it, i've spent way too long watching the same youtube clips over and over again!

Awesome! Except if you want to join, you must have the game and join by the 29th May (tourny starts June 1st)
lee

Pressure! you should be a Nintendo salesman. I'll do my best. :)

Back