Connections

The Man on Ice
Dec 30, 2007
Canada
Right, all the time my connection tests (for wireless connections) fail. I always get error codes that all relate back to the connection not being strong enough, whatever. Anyone know why? I've tried moving it to another room, same result.

When I first had my wireless setup, WiiConnect 24 and updated during my sleep, and my mom came in and crashed my Wii because a blue light is on, question is, is she the one I have to kill?

What's Nintendo's support number as my Wii's box is in some high up closet teetering precariously.

how far away is your wireless connection?

i'm going to go with a router setting.. like a MAC address filter or something (i could be wrong)

dont blame your mom.
wiiconnect24 just informs you of a message or an update. when it's blue, it isnt actually updating.

261311 said:
Right, all the time my connection tests (for wireless connections) fail. I always get error codes that all relate back to the connection not being strong enough, whatever. Anyone know why? I've tried moving it to another room, same result.

When I first had my wireless setup, WiiConnect 24 and updated during my sleep, and my mom came in and crashed my Wii because a blue light is on, question is, is she the one I have to kill?

What's Nintendo's support number as my Wii's box is in some high up closet teetering precariously.
sounds like your router is blocking the connection. Or are you on a modem?

I'm on a modem, and where the routers that I'm stealing connections from are within a 100 feet of concrete, and I can't actually access them to switch channels, get mac addresses, etc.

Keep in mind, that all before this, I had a connection (pretty damn fast too).

Have you or a family member changed anything recently?

It could be that your wii is searching for a network that no longer exists.

Try restarting your connection setup from scratch from your wii

EDIT: Just read your message. It sounds like your Wii's MAC address has been blocked from the router.

There's not much you can do besides break into their house and manually delete the record from the ACL. :lol:

Last edited:
heymoe99 said:
so your stealing a connection illegally from a neighbor?????
if so, we cant help you...
The connections are unlocked, I feel you took my wording a bit more seriously.
Nothing has changed, and everytime I get an error code I delete all settings.

Will re-formatting the Wii do any good? If so (or a high chance) to preserve all game saves and VC's all I have to do is SD card it correct?

261311 said:
The connections are unlocked, I feel you took my wording a bit more seriously.
Nothing has changed, and everytime I get an error code I delete all settings.

Will re-formatting the Wii do any good? If so (or a high chance) to preserve all game saves and VC's all I have to do is SD card it correct?
Nope. It is not wep protected but it sounds like they have blocked the physical address of your Wii (MAC adress). I'm not really sure what you can do about it.

Maybe pay for your own broadband? :lol:

Problem is, I've tried 3 different connections, all of which worked with strong receive not long ago. I doubt all of them (plus more) blocked me all on the same day.

Unfortunately, my aunt refuses to get something that's cheaper and better, it seems she's rich.

In any matter, &^%#$& &*#^^ #*64 *#^$ ^#(&$^ #$^ *&#^$ *#^$( &#^ $*#^ # *sobs* ^%$#!#@$^!@#)( * % %%!!!!

Still don't feel that much better.

Haha, well I've just accepted I won't ever have online. It wouldn't be such a problem if I hadn't experienced it in the first place, but since I have it bothers me that I've lost it.

Go buy a Linksys WRT54GS Wireless router, and flash the firmware with the latest rc24 micro beta firmware. Capowie you have a wireless repeater. Now all you have to do is place it somewhere that repeats the highest signal back to you.

Swapmii said:
Go buy a Linksys WRT54GS Wireless router, and flash the firmware with the latest rc24 micro beta firmware. Capowie you have a wireless repeater. Now all you have to do is place it somewhere that repeats the highest signal back to you.
Thanks for the post that didn't relate to anything that I've asked :yesnod: if I really wanted to spend money, I wouldn't have an issue, now would I?

get broadband without paying more

• how i conviced my brother's family to get broadband...
    • some cable ISPs offer landline-like phone service (not vonage-like)...
    • i have found that the cable isp and their phone service costs nearly the same as Ma Bell and a dial-up isp combined... and keep their current phone number (called phone # porting), and get all the free unlimited long distance...
    • they switched their phone and isp...
  • of course, prices vary between locals:
    • so... Ma Bell ($45 - with LD package) + Dial-up ($15) = $60/mo
    • cable ISP + their phone service = $65/mo
    • Ma Bell + DSL = ??? check it out :yesnod::yesnod:

Last edited:
to possibly solve your wii wireless assuming it could be week signal..

raise the wii high, use the vertical stand, make sure there is nothing crowding around the wii (especially metal... and keep if off metal shelving or cabinets)

i hope this helps.

Back