Constructive Criticism Needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtomicB

Sep 18, 2007
In my room. Working on project E-vile.
Wii Online Code
5873-1290-1753-2112
I'm a young signature maker striving to improve one way or another.
I've taken a liking to some sort of obscure art like thing.
But it feels like something is always missing. Here's what I'm talking about.

ObscureVery.jpg

It looks empty some how to me. What could I do to fill this up?

ThePikminPatrol.jpg

This looks even more empty, but I'm not sure what's missing. Is the background not full enough or something? Is it to clean or cluttered?

Could I get some help here, people?!

My point of view, i think you need more in the backround. Like in the Pikmen one it seems way too empty it seems to be missing alot. It looks good but nothing that shouts out for attention. Do you get what I'm trying to say?

they both look good, better than i could ever do :(
i think you're right though about the second one being empty... maybe a different color besides white for the background?
or maybe fill the background with pikmin(s?)
other than that i'd say they are fine...keep up the good work!

On the Sonic one, maybe you could move the right most Sonic a bit up and to the right. On the Pikmen if you moved the red pikmen to the right, then make another one of those green swooshy lines things from the bottom right corner to around where the red pikmen's head flower thing is now. The swooshy thing I would make larger at the bottom and smaller at the top.

Those are my opinions at least to something you could do. I hope they made sense. Good job though! I see what you mean by them being empty, but I still like their style.

i think they both look so great and retro! :yesnod:
the bottom one has some excess white space...
  • the only thing i would say is that you may want to experiment with slightly blurring your background layers, but that wouldn't be common on retro...
  • to help offset the excess white space in the lower sig... you may want to match a single-colored item (the red bird)... red letters may stand out against the green AND the white backgrounds. it doesn't have to be the same red... it could be a little darker.
  • i like the blue one just the way it is. :yesnod:
they really do look great!

next time you should post this in the C&C thread...
take some of the artist's critiques with a grain of salt :)

Last edited:
Those look very nice. The only one I thought was empty was the second one. Maybe you could make a few pikmin of different colors, with Louie (that's his name, right?) chasing them in the background.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back