Control Configuration

Greyskull

WiiChat Member
Mar 30, 2007
This is my first post and I have a concern. My son when he was 3, lost his left hand to cancer. However, it hasn't stopped him from gaming, sports ( soccer, he's the goalie and his team was undefeated this year) or whatever else he does, he's 12 now. We came up with a way so he could play the Wii games( using a brace and a nylon strap) with no problem, until now.You see he straps the wii mote to his wrist with the brace, and using the nunchuck with his right hand. However the only way to jump in the game is by hitting the "A" button, it seems that you could change that to the "C" button and put the camera reset as the "A" key, but there is no controller config option that I can see. But then again, maybe I can't find it, in the directions or in the game. My question is why make a game that you can't change the controls to suit your way of playing? If anyone knows a way to solve this problem without the obvious, which is don't play. I'm looking for solutions, not flames please.

Thank you

What a touching story! Thank you for sharing it with us.

In light of your question, I fired up my Mario Galaxy to see if I could change the configuration, I was not able to : / . I even tried to see if you could use a classic controller or gamecube controller...no luck either (mostly because the moving and shaking of the wiimote and nunchuck are so crucial)

I am sorry, maybe someone else knows of a way to fix this problem?

Wow, awesome story..again.

Back