control on mario 64?

bword

WiiChat Member
Oct 7, 2007
hey everybody, ill get right too it once i saw that u can get mario 64 for the wii i was estactic :yikes: however im starting to wonder before i buy it about the controller? do u use the wii remote or do u have to get that actual controller pad?

well you can either use the gcube controller or they have a controller called a classic controller for around 20 US bucks and you can play all the VC games with it.

ahh okay ill have to see if i can dig a old GC controller up thanks

The GC controller works really well with Mario 64. I suggest you eventually buy a VC classic controller. It's really neat to switch between 3 different controller types in some games.

Aye, with some games (e.g. Super Mario World) a Gamecube controller is terrible, and with others (e.g. Sin and Punishment) you almost need it. Best to have both a GC and CC in my opinion.

Napalmbrain said:
Aye, with some games (e.g. Super Mario World) a Gamecube controller is terrible, and with others (e.g. Sin and Punishment) you almost need it. Best to have both a GC and CC in my opinion.

I agree. Best option is to have both types of controller.

Actually, I think just owning a GC Controller is all you'll need because as mentioned, it works just like the N64 controller on Super Mario 64, and for NES games like Super Mario Bros. the setup is very easy. You use the control stick to move and press 'A' to jump. nothing to complex.

If you still feel you want a VC Controller, go ahead, buy one. I'm just suggesting that you don't.

no, you would use either a classic controller or a gamecube controller

just picked up a used madcatz controller for 8 bucks an just got mario 64 ive never been so excited to play a game thats way older than the system lol..one thing i cant figure out..ive been messing around and i coulda sworn he could do a backflip right? cant get the plumber to do it thou

I was total ANTI classic controller. But it is a MUST for some of the snes games.

bword said:
just picked up a used madcatz controller for 8 bucks an just got mario 64 ive never been so excited to play a game thats way older than the system lol..one thing i cant figure out..ive been messing around and i coulda sworn he could do a backflip right? cant get the plumber to do it thou

While holding Z, press A.

Its kinda sad you need 3 different versions of controllers to play games properly on the wii, i like the console, but jeez.

jwm2 said:
Its kinda sad you need 3 different versions of controllers to play games properly on the wii, i like the console, but jeez.

I actually like it, it provides the wii with versatility, as we all now Brawl will have all four controller types allowing new Wii gamers(Nunchuk), Nes gamers(Wii Mote), Snes Gamers(Classic) and GC gamers(GC) to play with their own customizable controls.

And whilst playing VC games you can use multiple controllers to move the one character, to annoy the **** out of your friends.

Back