Current Gen war who's the winner

i see it as this: Gamecube-Low Quanity, High Quality PS2-High Quanity, Low Quality, Xbox-Even for both

Squall7 said:
How can it be over-hyped (as in gets more attention than it deserves) and you still think it deserves the ratings it gets?

I didn't like Vice City that much, so when the whole internet was buzzing about San Andreas I was like whats the big deal? Then I played it and although it was over-hyped, the game was still a great. Just because something is over-hyped doesn't mean it has to be over-rated.

Technically Perfect Dark had a primary and secondary function weapons - therefore you can fire rapidly and use it as a grenade launcher without changing weapons. Ok, here's one for ya: What game before Perfect Dark allowed you to shoot people with a gun and turn them on your side? What weapon allowed you to guide a fly-by-wire rocket wherever you like? What kind of weapon made people instantly drop all their weapons? What weapon can shoot through walls AND home in on unsuspecting targets? Oh, and there was a game called "Blood" in 1997 that used a voodoo doll (one hand holding a teddy bear, the other holding a needle).

Half-Life and Unreal already had the primary and secondary function down, there is a gun in Turok in which you can shoot an enemy and you can control him, and as for the rest I don't understand why a bunch of guns with different variations is considered innovation. I'm sorry I guess.

Oh, I'm sure two handed weapons added something AMAZING to the game (sarcasm overdose there)

Wait a second... did you even play Halo? There weren't any two-handed weapons in it... i'm suprised you didn't know that. What I meant by holding two weapons at once, I mean you could only hold UP to two weapons at ANY given time, not together though. Wow.

Rechargable shield? On it's own? Ok. 1 point for Halo, for rechargable shield. Now you've just got to get about 10 more for it to beat Perfect Dark! (Oh, and I was generous, techincally you could sit in the place where a shield pops up in a game like Goldeneye or Perfect Dark, in effect being rechargable).

lol you just don't understand. I'm not gonna even argue there.

This is all opinion. "Amazing" music does not constitute as innovation. Now if it came out of the controller, that'd be new...

Oh, but a dizzying effect does? Right...

Please do, and bring some better examples.

How about you bring some better examples as well :)

What is it? Improvement? Shouldn't things be BASED on something to be improvement? Where was the basis for counter-operative? Where was the basis for going dizzy when hit?

Counter-Operative was based on co-op, and as for the dizzy hit it's give or take. Since Perfect Dark came out in late 2000 I'm sure that there was a game that came out before Perfect Dark that had an effect somewhat like that.

You should really think about the words you use: "just" what you think indicates that I'm alone in thinking Perfect Dark is more onnovative than Halo. That's just gonna make me disagree with you, as it makes me sound like my opinion is not the same (and therefore not the same value) as others'.

I wasn't implying that you were the ONLY one who believed that Perfect Dark was more innovative with just, I was just trying to emphasize that what you believe is not what everbody else believes. You keep failing to see that though.

Ok, to settle the arguement, I consider Perfect Dark to be more innovative than Halo

Phew, finally thank you! Halleluya!

You're still wrong...

sKin said:
I didn't like Vice City that much, so when the whole internet was buzzing about San Andreas I was like whats the big deal? Then I played it and although it was over-hyped, the game was still a great. Just because something is over-hyped doesn't mean it has to be over-rated.
Are you trying to say that San Andreas had too much hype, but at the same time was okay to be revered as the way it is? Surely if it's THAT good, it wouldn't be over-hyped?

Half-Life and Unreal already had the primary and secondary function down, there is a gun in Turok in which you can shoot an enemy and you can control him, and as for the rest I don't understand why a bunch of guns with different variations is considered innovation. I'm sorry I guess.
I was countering your suggestions that the two weapons thing was not as innovative as you suggested, not that Perfect Dark was innovative in those ways. If you looked at the context, it would have been apparent.

Wait a second... did you even play Halo?
Yes, I did. I just didn't feel the need to replay it again anytime soon, because I think it's both over-hyped and over-rated!
There weren't any two-handed weapons in it... i'm suprised you didn't know that. What I meant by holding two weapons at once, I mean you could only hold UP to two weapons at ANY given time, not together though. Wow.
O rite. That whole "you can only carry two weapons at a time" (now if you'd explained that, I might have given you a better answer). Ye, that peeved me off. Meh, you mihgt consider it an innovation, but to be honest, I consider it a step backwards (Like anyone is ONLY able to hold two weapons at the same time). Now if it was a case of "building on your weaponary with exta parts" (e.g. nick that sight, nick those bullets, nick that clip extension, nick that silencer etc..) then it might be innovative.

lol you just don't understand. I'm not gonna even argue there.
I understand. I just don't consider a self-recharging shield innovative (maybe in real life, but not in a game). Considering the things been thought of before (although making it easier to get out of a gun fight is not really innovation - in fact I also consider this a step backwards, as it makes the game easier, and it's basis was on picking up another shield).

Oh, but a dizzying effect does? Right...
Have you ever seen the basis for this in games? Is it an "improvement" on something? It certainly makes it more realistic, but it doesn't have a basis like "amazing music" does.

How about you bring some better examples as well :)
I did. Only you didn't bother quoting them, because it harms your arguement.

Counter-Operative was based on co-op, and as for the dizzy hit it's give or take. Since Perfect Dark came out in late 2000 I'm sure that there was a game that came out before Perfect Dark that had an effect somewhat like that.
Oh, you're "sure" are you? No example? And Ok, the counter-operative was based on Co-op, but it's not that simple. This si the first time where you've been able to play as both bad and good guys at the same time (heck, probably first time you get to play as a bad guy in FPS anyway). Not only that, but this is the first time you could actually go head to head in a proper story mode. That's what was so "innovative" about it.

I wasn't implying that you were the ONLY one who believed that Perfect Dark was more innovative with just, I was just trying to emphasize that what you believe is not what everbody else believes. You keep failing to see that though.
Then, please go ahead and re-word it to make it sound like you're not just trying to "get one over on me". You seem to be accussing me of a lot - not understanding, not seeing your point etc... Which is rich.

Phew, finally thank you! Halleluya!

You're still wrong...
You couldn't let it go could you? That was an opening to end this debate but you had to try and "win" didn't you! Either we both choose to disagree on this or we'll both end up in trouble with the mods. Next time you try and end with something like that, I'll ask iOn to delete this entire thread.

Now let's just agree to disagree.

sKin said:
Yes, I played 2 years in CAL actually. I was quite good at that game. And I fail to see what Counters-Strike had to do with my quote...
Well let me refresh you mind

But thats not why it was sooo innovative! Never in an FPS had there been amazing graphics, STUNNING music, an awesome storyline with a huge twist, the ability to ride any vehicle you choose, kick-ass multiplayer, and fluid gameplay with controls that matched it perfectly.

^^^What's bold has always been in Counter Strike before Halo was even an Idea

Squall7 said:
Are you trying to say that San Andreas had too much hype, but at the same time was okay to be revered as the way it is? Surely if it's THAT good, it wouldn't be over-hyped?

Before San Andreas came out YES, it was over-hyped. I remember seeing all of the ratings for it on Gamespot.com, and IGN.com, and thinking wow, it's way over-rated. And then I played it, and like OMG! it was awesome. Once again, JUST because a game is over-hyped, DOESN'T mean it's gonna be over-rated. What don't you understand about that?

I was countering your suggestions that the two weapons thing was not as innovative as you suggested, not that Perfect Dark was innovative in those ways. If you looked at the context, it would have been apparent.

lol. Right. Not.

Yes, I did. I just didn't feel the need to replay it again anytime soon, because I think it's both over-hyped and over-rated!

And I think Final Fantasy is over-hyped and over-rated! But some people still consider the Final Fantasy series to be great games! OMG!@222111

O rite. That whole "you can only carry two weapons at a time" (now if you'd explained that, I might have given you a better answer). Ye, that peeved me off. Meh, you mihgt consider it an innovation, but to be honest, I consider it a step backwards (Like anyone is ONLY able to hold two weapons at the same time). Now if it was a case of "building on your weaponary with exta parts" (e.g. nick that sight, nick those bullets, nick that clip extension, nick that silencer etc..) then it might be innovative.

O rite? That's how your gonna play it off? I'm still confused as to why you put Halo had the ability to hold two guns at once if you played it so "extensively". It's obvious to me you haven't, and your whole arguement is just based on opioins you've heard around the web. Please PLAY the game before you judge it. Jesus. A step backwards? Nope. A step forwards towards realism in FPS's.

I understand. I just don't consider a self-recharging shield innovative (maybe in real life, but not in a game). Considering the things been thought of before (although making it easier to get out of a gun fight is not really innovation - in fact I also consider this a step backwards, as it makes the game easier, and it's basis was on picking up another shield).

Your opinoin...

Have you ever seen the basis for this in games? Is it an "improvement" on something? It certainly makes it more realistic, but it doesn't have a basis like "amazing music" does.

Your opinoin tambien...

I did. Only you didn't bother quoting them, because it harms your arguement.

I failed to quote most of your arguemnts because they were just your opinoins and were thus irrelevant to what I was trying to argue. Harm's my arguemnt? Ha. I'm rick james *****.

Oh, you're "sure" are you? No example? And Ok, the counter-operative was based on Co-op, but it's not that simple.

EXACTLY! Thus the idea wasn't totally new, and thus (going by the definition of innovative as you have been), it isn't innovative! Like wow!

You couldn't let it go could you? That was an opening to end this debate but you had to try and "win" didn't you! Either we both choose to disagree on this or we'll both end up in trouble with the mods. Next time you try and end with something like that, I'll ask iOn to delete this entire thread.

Aww come on, this is fun and actually a pretty good debate. I see no reason why iOn should delete this thread.

Now let's just agree to disagree.

Fine then, I agree with you :) That Halo is the bestest!

sasuke747 said:
Nice white text you had there too bad it's so easy to read.
And i have to disagree with you that Halo is the best, infact it sucks, in space fps? the worst kind.

Eh, it's all a matter of opinoin I think. For example I think anime sucks. People with enourmous eyes and little mouths that have stupid dialouge? The worst kind of cartoons -_-

And it's not all based around space :)

Skin relax man Halo is just a game stop treating it like it better than all others and don't say you hate anime becuase we dont agree with you stop acting like a child

haku ur back and i totally agree with u halo good but dont treat it better than others i love metriod prime and ssbm but i dont say they rule and pikimin stinks

Lord Haku said:
Skin relax man Halo is just a game stop treating it like it better than all others and don't say you hate anime becuase we dont agree with you stop acting like a child

Hmm... how come he can say he hates something I like, and I can't say I hate something he likes? I was just showing him the opposite end of the spectrum, and judging by what you just said you don't like it either. And why do you keep telling me to relax? It's just a video game forum ;)

And jesus stop making me out to look like the bad guy just because I have a different opinoins then you guys. To me it looks like you're the ones acting like "childs". Psh.

Sovieto said:
i see it as this: Gamecube-Low Quanity, High Quality PS2-High Quanity, Low Quality, Xbox-Even for both

I agree 100%.

Last edited:
in touch with the wii said:
haku ur back and i totally agree with u halo good but dont treat it better than others i love metriod prime and ssbm but i dont say they rule and pikimin stinks

See skin try reading what other people post and look at other people opinonis not your own

Lord Haku said:
See skin try reading what other people post and look at other people opinonis not your own

What are you talking about? I do read what other people post, and I inject my opinon WHICH IS WHAT you're supposed to do on forums. Why don't you actually read what I post instead of jumping to some half-ass conclusion and try to prove a totally irrelevant point. lmao. Nice try buddy.

in touch with the wii said:
but still you could be nicer to plp

I'm nice to everybody who's nice to me. Haku attacked me for no reason when I posted I liked the Xbox more, and hes been like that ever since. Doesn't sound famaliar? Maybe this should ring a bell:

Sorry Skin But your an idiot the best RPG ever is FFX i don't care what you say screw KOTOR Halo is not that good either. What the hell are PC multiplayers any diffrent. Anyway metal gear beats that series. OH and by the way Ps2 had all of the greatest RPGS the Xbox coudn;t handle the ps2 they were only saved from going bankrupt becuase of Halo if it wasn't for that stupid game there woudn't be an Xbox sorry dude listen to everyone else ps2 is awesome to say it is not is to ignore the facts and the games

Treat people how you want to be treated correct?

Back