Current Gen war who's the winner

crazii_for_wii said:
I can see why skins was pissed off at you. Its an opinional thing, dumpy. that means its one's own opinion. So in your face. i think xbow won and ps2 lost. so eat it loser.
The problem came when he started to consider his own opinions more valid than others. By the way, Xbox far from "won".

Haku is right in the sense that PS2 won in sales, but that doesn't neccessarily mean that they had "more good games than anyone else" as the concept of a good game depends on the gamer themselves. Likewise, sales of a game do not neccessarily reflect whether the public thought the game was good or not (take the Cars game for example).

I think a lot of people here need to learn how to keep a cool head, not swear and not try to deviously try to "win" an arguement. This issue will not go away, and I don't think losing one's cool will help matters.

sKin, you believed I was wrong about Perfect Dark. I believe you were wrong about Halo. Leave it at that. Haku, you believe that PS2 had the best games, I believe PS2 had most games. Leave it at that. Crazii_for_wii, you believe that xbox beat PS2, I believe PS2 beat xbox. Leave it at that. In the end, even if one was able to "win" this arguement, what's it all for? What's the point in cussing other Wiichat forum members? We're all here because we want to talk about the Wii. We're all here because we want discuss and get news and watch videos from youtube and ultimately communicate with each other, so lets just move onto a subject that we can all agree on, because this kind of slanging match really isn't with the spirit of the site.

So can we please calm down and talk like the adults that some of us are. Thank you.

Last edited:
Lord Haku said:
Calm down man it is just a fact the ps2 had better games more better games. Sorry dude if you candle the truth but that how it it is not insulting but remeber for a game to sell it has to be good so I tink those franchises could hold their own it just a fact if xbox had more franchises like Halo they would be undisputed number 1 that just no that case

Wow wow wow! Lord Haku please just stop posting in this thread, as you have NO idea what you are talking about and you're making yourself look more like an ass than you already are. In MY OPINOIN the PS2 did not have better francises/games/whateverthehellyoursaying, so does that make it true? No! Opinoins are not facts! When are you going to understand this? And the sad thing is you think you're right. LIKE OMG :tard:

Last edited by a moderator:
LMAO, but i don't think thats the right way to go, if i shot every stupid and arrogant person, half of the damn world would be gone :).

there we go again, death threats given to opinions of 'innocent' members.

wait, the arguement has only just started for my theory has yet to be included.

Now for who won the current console, I don’t know what you mean by won, if you meant it in certain ways, ALL of the consoles would have scored first place many times.
I will make a list of winning types. (this is for English speaking countries)

Franchise Sales:
1. PS2
2. Xbox
3. GC
(obvious really)

Graphics:
1. Xbox
2. GC
3. PS2
(This is true, game cube parts are customized whilst SONY’S aren’t, so the graphics engine is better, resident evil 4 ring a bell?)

Game play:
1. GC
2. Xbox
3. PS2
(I could go on and on about this, but all has already been explained)

Popularity (linked with franchise selling and advertising):
1. PS2
2. Xbox
3.GC

Innovation and originality:
1. GC
2. PS2
3. Xbox
(The game cube wins this of course, the Xbox is last because there is really nothing else new apart from the live, which doesn’t really count)

Amount of games produced:
1. PS2
2. Xbox
3. GC
(This is for English countries, not piracy or Japanese games)

Machine Capacity and power:
1. Xbox
2. GC
3. PS2
(As explained in the graphic section, this is for the power, not for accessories like a DVD player)

Quality of machine (durability):
1. GC
2. Xbox
3. PS2
(Obvious again, this is for the first franchises not the slim line crap and so on.)

So to add up the points from the eight winning topics (couldn’t think of more, some help here would be nice) with 3 for 1st place, 2 for 2nd place and 1 for 3rd place the scores tally as:

Xbox 19 points
GC 15 points
Ps2 15 points

It is fair to say the Xbox won this gen as explained in a completely unbiased comparing, even the results surprised me.
The GC and Ps2 tied, but in two entirely different ways. So those are my facts, but Im still getting a wii! :)

it better, i put a whole lot of effort into it.
But if any of you think of other good 'winning' topics, feel free to inlcude them because they will break that tie between the PS2 and GC.
(i hope the GC does)

does anyone actually know how to pronounce my user name? ( i do, dont you worry)
i know this is off-topic, but im just curious.

Skin dont ever ever threaten me again man Squall was right calm down I did and so did crazy for wii who is the one who needs to stop posting. YOu wanted me to die calm down do you read anything OMG man the discussion is over stuff like that will get you banned alrgith so end it the argument is over. :(

yup, but you and squall7 lost.

It has been proved that the xbox won this gen and the ps2 tied with the GC.
Im up with you SKin, but not for the halo thingy

Lord Haku said:
Skin dont ever ever threaten me again man Squall was right calm down I did and so did crazy for wii who is the one who needs to stop posting. YOu wanted me to die calm down do you read anything OMG man the discussion is over stuff like that will get you banned alrgith so end it the argument is over. :(

lmao, that was such a good death threat :lol:

The discussion was over, but YOU kept posting. Stop being such a hypocrit. Jesus :tard:

Back