Current Gen war who's the winner

my goodness, shouldnt we stick with the topic.

Does anyone approve or dissaprove my theory?

Lord Haku said:
Well I help you out with some franchies fanboys forgive for this?

Grandia II and Granida III
Gran Turismo
Final Fantasy 12
Jak and Deckter
Sly Cooper
Ace Combat
Guitar Hero
Star Wars Battlefront
Diesga 1 and 2
Ateiler Iris
Arc the Lad
Burnout
Crash Bandicoot
Metal Gear Series
RPG Maker
DBZ Budokai 3 and Tenkaichi
FF IV Dirge of Cerebus
Star Ocean Till the end of time
Gladius
God of War 1 and 2(coming soon)
Karakoe Dance Revoution
Kessen
Dynast Warrios
Sudoiken 3 and 4
Star Wars StarFighter
Tekken

That is all the games I can ride do to time and lack of patience see if you find any familar faces :D

The Kingdom Hearts franchise, and EQOA (it didn't sell as much- but hey, it is a pretty awesome console MMO, definitely holds some nostalgia for first-time MMOers like me), Red Faction franchise, and Timesplitters franchise, to name a few.

Lord Haku said:
Skin dont ever ever threaten me again man Squall was right calm down I did and so did crazy for wii who is the one who needs to stop posting. YOu wanted me to die calm down do you read anything OMG man the discussion is over stuff like that will get you banned alrgith so end it the argument is over. :(
dont worry, its called "report bad post" i got yo back Lord Haku!!!

ZeLdA4LiFe said:
dont worry, its called "report bad post" i got yo back Lord Haku!!!

lol. Wow. It's seems as if only the people with bad grammer hate me. You kids should grow up :rolleyes:

Anyways, eh, as Diomedes (sp?) was saying, let's get back on-topic! Didn't Halo sell more than the Kindgom Hearts series?

Edit: Love your sig Diomedes, LOTR > everything :cool:

Last edited:
game cube,ds,nes,gameboy color,gameboy,snes,gameboy micro,sp,advanced or ps1,2,3, psp or xbox,xbox360,computer wich would u rather have?. nintendo won the gen wars a long time ago before most of us were born. sony and microsoft are just newcomers/noobs/noobies/newbs.

eat this xcube and gaystation:sick:

biskit003 said:
game cube,ds,nes,gameboy color,gameboy,snes,gameboy micro,sp,advanced or ps1,2,3, psp or xbox,xbox360,computer wich would u rather have?. nintendo won the gen wars a long time ago before most of us were born. sony and microsoft are just newcomers/noobs/noobies/newbs.

eat this xcube and gaystation:sick:
but that was the 80's. this is 2001-2006. different ways of getting people to buy consoles and games.

and sKin, dont threaten anyone again or else you will be banned

Last edited:
Mr_Stoukaph said:
but that was the 80's. this is 2001-2006. different ways of getting people to buy consoles and games.

and sKin, dont threaten anyone again or else you will be banned

Hostile behavior? Threaten? What the hell?

Treat: A declaration of an intention or a determination to inflict harm on another.

When did I declare I was intending to hurt him? This is sad :(

sKin said:
Hostile behavior? Threaten? What the hell?

Treat: A declaration of an intention or a determination to inflict harm on another.

When did I declare I was intending to hurt him? This is sad :(
whatever just dont do it again

are we still on about this?
for sKIn, Halo did sell more than the KH franchise, reason for the xbox being so successfull.

sKin said:
Hmm... by my standards it goes: 1)Xbox 2)Gamecube 3)PS2, and heres why:

The Xbox absolutely blew me away when I first got it. Halo was AMAZING. No words can desribe how I felt after I first beat that game, and unfortuantely no game has given me that feeling since then. About a month after I beat Halo I got Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic when it first came out, and let me say BEST RPG EVER! I can go on and on about why KOTOR was awesome but it would take too long. Over the years I got Jade Empire (AMAZING), Ninja Gaiden (good but hard), Halo 2 (not as good as the first, but still awesome), Forza (awesome online play), etc, and my game list expanded and expanded. The Xbox was in my opinoin the true next-gen system when it came out, and it is still till this day as I don't have a 360 yet.

The Gamecube was pretty good too when I first got it, but after I beat Wind Waker (my first Gamecube title) it got pretty boring. I hated Metroid Prime as it was long, repetitivem, and boring; and SSMB got boring after about a week of nonstop playing. Mario Kart: Double Dash was pretty fun until my brother cracked it, and pretty much after that I gave up on the gamecube. It was still pretty good though in my opinoin, but no where near as good as the N64.

And now the PS2... blah. I hated Final Fantasy. I hated all the RPGS on it. I hated Gran Turismo. The only game's I had fun with was God of War and Guitar Hero, and both of those games became boring after about a week or so. The graphics were the worst on the PS2, the load times were terrible, and it was just WEAK compared to the Xbox and GCN. Hopefully the PS3 will be better.

That's actually very close to my exact thoughts:

I got a GameCube, played it, enjoyed it, thought it was good, but still felt.... somehow empty. There still are classics like SSBM and Mario Kart that keep me playing it, but nothing that gives you that special gamer feeling that the Xbox my friend brought over did.

I've played PS2's from my friend's house/relatives house and just can't see what people see in it so special. Graphics suck... Replay value on a few games are good, but nothing really worth getting me interested.

Look anyone how has a Xbox or Ps2 (i have both) will say there really tacky as in sony and Microsoft cut corners, for example with the Xbox you have to buy a stupid $50 (AUS) remote controller just to play dvd which i think is Bullsh!t and with the Ps2 the controllers are not as smooth as the GC and some of the graphics on Ps2, it's really embarassing and the Ps2 breaks easy, like what happened to my Ps2, it fell from about 20 cm off the ground (on carpet) and the disc tray broke and now it doesn't shut properly but there is an up side to the Ps2 Metal Gear Solid.

This may sound crazy but the slimmer ps2 is more duarlbe than the bigger one. I bought the bigger one never even took it of my drawer and it broke this one fell of the drawer and was even hit by a fan and still it run perfectly sony is very starnge their controllers cost way to much

Well, i'm not gonna buy the slim ps2 now, even if i wanted to, its like $100 (AUS)
if you trade in your old Ps2 and like 5 games.

Remember the types of games ppl r into...

some ppl like RPGs and some dont...actually i dont really know too many ppl who like them. they think that the lvling up system and battling random battles with turn-based options is just boring. Others, like me, actually enjoying the story line and leveling up and what not. I dont mind turn-based turns because i actually understand the fights and have a passion for playing these types of games. In addition, some ppl like games that move the character around and swing the sword around or whatever with controller buttons. RPG games come in different types, too. Some of them use the turn-based technique and some dont. I know lots of ppl who dont know what games RPG r all about and how the leveling system works and stuff. Its just not something they would understand how to play...does anyone agree with me or know what im saying? its really hard to explain this stuff i guess the RPG players like me would know what im talking about?

Opinions on RPGs

final fantasy games use the turn-based system a lot, as there first clients who r japanese, understand these types of games and play them right and well...others dont enjoy this type of game and find them boring, they want more action whereas the players of FF games see all the action already, its just a matter of the type of person u r, what your likes and dislikes r.

Back