Current Gen war who's the winner

Yeah, i really like the story line in FF but sometimes when your walking around trying to get somewhere and you get into a battle it kind of p!sses you off.

Yeah that randomisty was crappy luckily ff13 should fix everything I have played many any rpg and i have to say ps2 has all the good ones :D he y RPGMasterTurk91 get a ps2 if you already have one buy Star Ocean Till the end of itme greaterst game ever the sound is good the story is good the system is real time though but you go to a battle son and there is plenty of other stuff trust me this is the best

about all that arguing before about the "best console"...i agree with the fact that there is no "best console". But i agree with it in a sense of ppls interests. Gamecube is good generally for mario game players and whatever nintendo is good for--others think mario games are so stupid and kiddish. Its YOUR opinion that counts if its the best console or not, depending on the types of games YOU like...i like PS2 for the good graphics, great RPG games and more "mature" games than gamecube, but that doesnt mean i dont like gamecube! i love gamecube, cuz i like to play mario games like mario party or kart or SSBM games too...and im not saying that gamecube is all about mario either, but u get the point, right ppl? i like the X-Box for its good games, graphics, RPG and online play. i dont have a favorite console, they r all different consoles so i cant choose which one i like best. they literally have different themes to them and a constant pattern of certain types of games within each system. theres no sense in arguing if your interests dont pinpoint RPG games (PS2) or more player-friendly games like on the Gamecube.

My Cousins only play Nintendo games/ other "mild" games like crash bandicoot, they dont understand or play any other types of games...whenever they watch me play, they stare in wonder whats going on with the battling system and such...i doubt they will ever play an RPG game in there lives

Yeah I get your point but still I was just wanted a fellow RPG fan to check out Star Ocean I didnt mean anything by it sorry if I did :D

I get what your saying RPGMasterTurk91, too bad Sony, Microsoft and nintendo don't join together, take all the good parts out of all the consoles and stick it together and make a super console, it could be called the PlayCubeBox (PCB for short)

ha ha very funny. There is noo way microsoft or sony would team up with Nintendo. Too much pride

It'll be funny if one day sony and microsoft have no money and go bankrupt because no-one liked their consoles and the only choice they have is to team up with nintendo and nintendo say "HELL NO!!!" :)

yup, would serve them right.
could u guys PLEASE comment on my theory
i would like more stuff to be added on the list so the GC would break the tie against Ps2

Now for who won the current console, I don’t know what you mean by won, if you meant it in certain ways, ALL of the consoles would have scored first place many times.
I will make a list of winning types. (this is for English speaking countries)

Franchise Sales:
1. PS2
2. Xbox
3. GC
(obvious really)

Graphics:
1. Xbox
2. GC
3. PS2
(This is true, game cube parts are customized whilst SONY’S aren’t, so the graphics engine is better, resident evil 4 ring a bell?)

Game play:
1. GC
2. Xbox
3. PS2
(I could go on and on about this, but all has already been explained)

Popularity (linked with franchise selling and advertising):
1. PS2
2. Xbox
3.GC

Innovation and originality:
1. GC
2. PS2
3. Xbox
(The game cube wins this of course, the Xbox is last because there is really nothing else new apart from the live, which doesn’t really count)

Amount of games produced:
1. PS2
2. Xbox
3. GC
(This is for English countries, not piracy or Japanese games)

Machine Capacity and power:
1. Xbox
2. GC
3. PS2
(As explained in the graphic section, this is for the power, not for accessories like a DVD player)

Quality of machine (durability):
1. GC
2. Xbox
3. PS2
(Obvious again, this is for the first franchises not the slim line crap and so on.)

So to add up the points from the eight winning topics (couldn’t think of more, some help here would be nice) with 3 for 1st place, 2 for 2nd place and 1 for 3rd place the scores tally as:

Xbox 19 points
GC 15 points
Ps2 15 points

It is fair to say the Xbox won this gen as explained in a completely unbiased comparing, even the results surprised me.
The GC and Ps2 tied, but in two entirely different ways. So those are my facts, but Im still getting a wii!

Diomedes said:
yup, would serve them right.
could u guys PLEASE comment on my theory
i would like more stuff to be added on the list so the GC would break the tie against Ps2
I think one of the problems with the score system is that it treats every aspect as equal. For example, the Xbox had only a minor number more sales than the Gamecube (and is even disputed by some). But then PS2 would get the same amount of points in the durability bit, despite being MUCH lower than than the differece between Xbox sales and Gamecube sales.

Maybe if you awarded points out of a hundred for each one doing the job in a specific area.
e.g. Durability -
GC: 98%
Xbox: 90%
PS2: 20%

Likewise, I think in the popularity bit, you should do the different regions seperately, as Xbox pretty much got smashed in Japan, while the Gamecube and PS2 were pretty much on par with each other. Likwise, I don't think Xbox did as well in the UK as Gamecube (I could be wrong though, so for this you may look at actual figures). Also, I'm not sure what you mean by the Franchise sales. And lets not forget some of the reasoning behind the "franchises", what with Nintendo actually producing more original games (as in non-sequels etc), with Pikmin, Eternal Darkness, Super Monkey Ball and Warioware. And WITH the sequelisations going on, I think Nintendo has a stronger line up than you give it credit for. Also, you should take into account the amount of ports - and how readily available they are on each console.

Obviously, this is written by a Nintendo Fan's perspective, but I hope I've given you ideas into improving the scores and general fairness.

most cetainly, feel free to copy my theory and put your touches into it.
For the regioin issue, it is based arounf english speaking countries as i had eplained earlier. Mainly in the USA ans Australia, cause thats were i live.
And originality/innovation, nintendo always wins:cool:
an updated version coming soon!:)

Diomedes said:
ha ha very funny. There is noo way microsoft or sony would team up with Nintendo. Too much pride

If they all teamed up it would be bad for consumers cause there would be a monopoly. There would be no incentive to create something new or to do something better than the last. Competition is good cause then we get dynamic ideas and technology advances faster!

I see your point m7ticalm, but it would be good as the final console just to have them all together to make a really good one.

Back