Dance dance revolution : Hottest party

So i guess its not worth to buy... i rather play the one for the playstation and the old school ddr games as well.. friend of mines got a chip on his playstation and he has all the imported DDR games from 1 to 4, oh yeah also the ddr disney rave too.

manufan15 said:
... I don't think people will bring their wiimotes to the arcade so they can play DDR. You just put the quarter in and play. DDR was a classic, and classics should not be tampered with.

Seriously dude, stick your head out of the shell and think. Why would someone go to an arcade and plop in a $1 a game to play DDR, when they can play it at home on the Wii? And, play it at home with 3 other friends at the same time.

You haven't even played the game to see how the hand motion works. I know I only played the lowest level so far, but the feet motions are the majority of the motions. You say a classic shouldn't be messed with, but I know that DDR used to only have the 4 arrow controls, but now you have the diagonal arrows now on some games.

You have your right to not buy the game, but to say no game should be improved because it is a "classic" is just being narrow minded. You might as well go back to playing Pong.

The 'motes can be shut off in options if you don't want to use them.

Also, what's the difference between "Challenge Mode" and "Multi-"? As I understand it Multi- is a competitive alternative to the Friend (=cooperative) mode. I'm curious because it would seem that a challenge mode would be important to the game, and maybe they're just using new names for the same thing.

I'm just asking because I've never played any of the PS or arcade flavors.

Man, i can't find he game anywhere here in Quebec city! It sucks!

I'll check again tonight, but there is Synch, Coop, and Battle modes. I think there might even be another mode.

I guess I will check out more features and expand my review.

mushroomedmario said:
i just got it, im' waiting ofr my rents to stop watching tv so i could hook it up

In which store did you get it?

you dont know what challange mode is? o...k then.... challange mode is for people who are really experienced, it's harder than heavy mode. or in DDR hottest party, "expert" mode. I dunno... it's just that with the new one, it feels... incomplete.. I was looking foward to some of the original songs, like captin jack, smile.DK (I think thats right) and some of the other original songs that they always had. and it kinda ruined it when there was songs that replaced the better ones... also they made some songs english so that kinda ruins the fun...

Has anyone unlocked the Difficult and Expert Modes on Inception Venue? Or does that Venue just expect you to move on after you've done Basic?
I mean, yeah I unlocked four other venues, and that's great, but I was expecting the higher modes to be available as well. If so, apparently an A in Beginner and B in Basic doesn't cut it.

NOTE!! I bought a universal pad so that I could have more than one person dance last night. While the pad did work when you finally got to the dancing part, it did not work in the menus. So, if you don't want to get annoyed with constant option changing for that player, then stick to Wii/Game Cube only pads.

Last night I went over to a friend for a Soir-Wii (that's a Wii-B-q without any food). As I mentioned above, I had to get a universal pad, since I couldn't find any Wii/Game Cube only pads at the places I looked. My friends (in their mid 30's) had never played DDR of any sort. We started out on the Circuit to get familiar with how it works. After playing almost all of the 20 listed songs, we tried out the Workout Mode to burn a few calories.

Things I found out after doing multi-player :
There doesn't seem to be a way to have multi-player with one pad. This sort of sucks, but I might have just done the setup incorrectly. However, I do plan on having 4 pads for this game. There was four of us last night and the two who weren't on the pads felt like they needed to "dance" along to the two playing. So, this is obviously a great party game.

Each of the songs has different patterns (d'uh), but you can also have random gimmicks. The gimmicks are (I think this is all of them):
  • double stomp : stomp the block twice
  • block stomp : stomp on a block to keep this floating orb from blocking your view
  • crazy/random arrow stomp : you have to keep on stomping to get the right arrow
  • hand missiles : when you hand shake to get this one, the missile flies towards your opponent, which they have to do a hand shake to block or loose points
  • foot missile : same as hand, except with feet
  • foot breaker : stars that you don't want to step on
The hand missile is my favorite, because it is easy to do and it messes up the other person.

In Synch mode both players have to do well or you both fail. The arrows go up the center instead of one for each player. The patterns are the same, but you don't know if it was you or the other person who missed unless you watch the score as you go along.

Haven't played Friend mode yet.

In Workout mode with multiple people, each person must meet the goal. So, one person could reach the calorie count, but still be dancing while the other person hasn't reached it yet.

As I said above, this game is definitely a good party game, because not only is it easy to setup anyone to play, it is entertaining just to watch. We played Wario Ware afterwards and while we seemed a little addicted to finishing levels, it just wasn't as capturing as trying to get a better score on DDR.

Well - I am stuck on the venue that requires 30 combos in basic. I can barely get 30 in beginner. And while I am at it, I have a bunch of questions (this is where the instruction manual is lacking) --

1. What does the bar at the top mean? The one that seems to have the power you have - says danger when you mess up a lot. Mine is usually in the middle. How do you get more of whatever it is? Does it help or what is the point of having it?
2. Do the different dancers have different abilities? In other games, different characters have different skills so you want to change them depending on the situation.
3. What do the colored bags for the difficulty level mean when you are flipping songs?
4. When I got a B and the venue master got a C, it was a draw. What is up with that?

I am considering writting a letter to Konami about the instruction manual.
Thanks.

1. The power bar goes down as you lose points/ miss arrows. You can't get it back. On other modes, if you go too far down, you fail.

2. I assume they have different styles, but I don't think it would affect game play. If it does, then it just affects the arrow pattern. I guess I'll have to check that to see if it is true. Most likely, the different players show you how to hit the arrows one way or another.

3. There are 4 levels of difficulty; Beginner, Basic, Difficult, Expert. The higher the difficulty, the more arrows are thrown at you. The songs have different Beats Per Minute (BPM). The higher the BPM, the faster the song, the faster the arrows, the harder it is. For a beginner, I wouldn't go over 130 BPM.

4. Sometimes the scores are so close they call it a draw. I wouldn't worry about. I am just playing the circuit for now, trying to get an "A" on each difficulty level before moving on. I was doing better last night. Ugh.

Yes, I agree, the directions are lacking.

Oh, I keep it on beginner and do the slowest songs, under 120 BPM.

One time, just for fun, I tried a difficult fast one and just jumped around randomly. Got a D :lol: . My 14 yo son was watching and just laughed at mii.

I'll probably have more questions when I get farther along.

Thanks.

Back