Dance dance revolution : Hottest party

I would give it an 8.

Reason : I don't think it will have this feature, but it would be nice to download more tunes to expand the library of tunes and patterns. I would even pay a small price for those.

Also, it would be better if you could use your Mii to track your own scores. Especially in the Workout part.

So, 8 because of lack of Mii integration and upgrades to make for even longer term playing. But, it is a solid party game, so for my uses it is great.

Noob Questions About Circuit Mode

It appears that I've cleared two venues now (Inception and Genesis), which is a good thing I guess, but what if:

1.) I want to go back and replay those venues at a higher difficulty level; and

2.) Someone else in my house (e.g. my wife) wants to play through the venues on her own.

For example, I beat the venue champion on Genesis, it appears, so everytime I go return the only thing I can do is keep playing a competitive dance against Harmony. Well, my wife hasn't had a chance to play yet, so, she either has to play a very difficult challenge she's not up to, or jump ahead to a venue I haven't played yet.

I guess a third question would be, what happens once all the venues are cleared and everything is unlocked? Then would the venues be open to try again at a higher difficulty level?

I guess I'm just trying to get my head around the concept. Every other game I've ever played with levels allowed you go back and replay from the beginning at a higher difficulty. I don't see that option here. Am I missing something?

Last edited:
I'm still unsure of how I would rate this. The directions are REALLY lacking. If I set it on easy mode, then try to set to beginner, it still goes crazy with the higher bpm songs and I can't keep up. There is also no way to stop it once the song starts and you discover it is too fast for you. You just have to stand there and wait for it to end. So, there are some things very wrong about this. If you set it on beginner, you should only be able to pick beginner songs but that is not the way it is set up.

Charlotte Sometimes said:
I'm still unsure of how I would rate this. The directions are REALLY lacking. If I set it on easy mode, then try to set to beginner, it still goes crazy with the higher bpm songs and I can't keep up. There is also no way to stop it once the song starts and you discover it is too fast for you. You just have to stand there and wait for it to end. So, there are some things very wrong about this. If you set it on beginner, you should only be able to pick beginner songs but that is not the way it is set up.

I stay off the mat until the song is ready to start. If you do all your navigation with the wiimote itself (since the mat is itself a giant Wiimote) you'll avoid this problem. The navigation takes a little getting used to, but it is controllable once you get the hang of it.

Switching between levels or songs is easiest for me using the the joystick on the nunchuck. The D-Pad on the 'mote itself works too. I usually only use the pad when I want to hit "A" (Confirm).

Hope this helps. I think Konami was just expecting the user community to supply its own documentation. So, here we are!

Hope this helps.

This game isn't much. It seems to me an easier game than the Mario Mix. I have more fun using my hands with the EyeToy on SuperNova than the Wiimote and nunchuk on Hottest Party. Some sound like N'Sync:sick: or Backstreet Boys:shocked: music. Although I have not finished the entire game(I have yet to beat Groove Circuit a second time) Some songs are really fun. SUPER SAMURAI BY JAM!!! This X-Play Wannabe:crazy: gives a 3... out of 5.

PS: DAMN WII REMOTE JACKET!!!

Can anyone find the Wii Dance Pads w/out Bundle?

We are looking for just another dance pad. The Wii version, not the "universal" ones.
I can't seem to find them at any stores. I've found a couple online, but
they want 49.00-54.00 bucks a piece for them, not including shipping charges.

Has anyone seen the pads without the game in any stores?​

Back