Danny's Tourney--sign up

Im still going to bring the point
Wi-fi saved the game.
If it wasn't for the wifi, I would have been content to stop at the battle tower, and after catching heatran, smile and say "That was a good game"
Wifi gives me a reason to always be making a new poke....

I'm ot talking about wi-fi in gbeneral, i'm talking about the bring your pokes to lv.100 for a battle part of wi-fi. It defeats the whole purpose of leveling up in competitive battling.

bln_f said:
I'm ot talking about wi-fi in gbeneral, i'm talking about the bring your pokes to lv.100 for a battle part of wi-fi. It defeats the whole purpose of leveling up in competitive battling.
Incorrect once more. The whole purpose of leveling is to acquire Level-up moves, and evolve Pokemon who evolve via level (a majority). Take this into account:

Your happily scanning your *insert poke-related forum here* and notice in big bold letters, "Baby Contest!"
Now are you honestly going to level up a baby Smoochum or Charmander to level what now, 99-100? Absolutely not, than you can't evolve it.

Also, take into account Ev training. Most people just Ev train their pokemon, and mass rare candies on them until they get what they want and stop. Boom, all set and ready for battle. Of course this is taking into account that you either have access to an outside device of mass rare candies, or know someone else who can do that for you. From what I'm guessing, neither of these options are available to you due to the dislike of things like this. (or via Pick-Up which is still hard)

From my perspective, training is used only for the Story Line, as the numbers won't all add up like in wifi. After that, I could care less what level they are, as long as I have what I want in the end, I don't care if it's artificially leveled up. Ash's Pikachu artificially gets weaker each season, so meh.

bln_f said:

So what your saying is, if I have an Idea of a new pokemon that would be fun to use, after 10 hours of breeding (which sometimes it takes that long) you are saying that thee game should not should not put people on a even playing field?

The artifical leveling, shows off not training that is based of grinding and defeating the elite four...again...and....again....and...again...

No, the reason why the atifical leveling is important, is that It showcases off the EV training, and the IV breeding that, frankly, a good trainer puts into their pokemon. Not that they are leveled higer than something else. Proper training takes plenty of time and work, and much much more skill than just leveling something to 100

Edit:
Wild Wuddlepook Appears.
Wild Strype McClaine Appears.

Wuddlepook uses counter.
Strype McClaine uses Mirror coat.

Last edited:
WuddlePook said:
Incorrect once more. The whole purpose of leveling is to acquire Level-up moves, and evolve Pokemon who evolve via level (a majority). Take this into account:

Your happily scanning your *insert poke-related forum here* and notice in big bold letters, "Baby Contest!"
Now are you honestly going to level up a baby Smoochum or Charmander to level what now, 99-100? Absolutely not, than you can't evolve it.

Also, take into account Ev training. Most people just Ev train their pokemon, and mass rare candies on them until they get what they want and stop. Boom, all set and ready for battle. Of course this is taking into account that you either have access to an outside device of mass rare candies, or know someone else who can do that for you. From what I'm guessing, neither of these options are available to you due to the dislike of things like this. (or via Pick-Up which is still hard)

From my perspective, training is used only for the Story Line, as the numbers won't all add up like in wifi. After that, I could care less what level they are, as long as I have what I want in the end, I don't care if it's artificially leveled up. Ash's Pikachu artificially gets weaker each season, so meh.
Not my point. Say your using these pokemon for almost every battle.

Strype McClaine said:
So what your saying is, if I have an Idea of a new pokemon that would be fun to use, after 10 hours of breeding (which sometimes it takes that long) you are saying that thee game should not should not put people on a even playing field?

The artifical leveling, shows off not training that is based of grinding and defeating the elite four...again...and....again....and...again...

No, the reason why the atifical leveling is important, is that It showcases off the EV training, and the IV breeding that, frankly, a good trainer puts into their pokemon. Not that they are leveled higer than something else. Proper training takes plenty of time and work, and much much more skill than just leveling something to 100

Edit:
Wild Wuddlepook Appears.
Wild Strype McClaine Appears.

Wuddlepook uses counter.
Strype McClaine uses Mirror coat.
I hear what your saying, it's just it's sad when people don't care about their pokemon enough to level them up. And plus, that only works with wi-fi. Say you don't do competitave battling. You have to level your pokemon up. You're telling me you don't want to take the time to level up your pokemon properly without any machines that do things for you.

bln_f said:
Not my point. Say your using these pokemon for almost every battle.

Well that's not competitive battling than, that's just battling with some Pokemon for fun...

I hear what your saying, it's just it's sad when people don't care about their pokemon enough to level them up. And plus, that only works with wi-fi. Say you don't do competitave battling. You have to level your pokemon up. You're telling me you don't want to take the time to level up your pokemon properly without any machines that do things for you.

It's just pixels, why in the world would you care for colored dots on the screen.
:sick:

My final note on this, is outside of competitive battling, once you beat the game, why are you still playing. Not a huge amount of replay in an RPG like pkmn, unless you are trying to ammass more pokes....and TMs

Pkmn, was made, specifically, even in the days of red and blue, for people to battle each other. When games like that arise they have to make a nod to competitive battlers.

Pkmn, is fun. You beat it. Then what?

Exactly.
=====================================================================================
Whens the next round, this is slow guys.

Last edited:
This is an eight man tournament...
thats 3 rounds...shouldn't we be done with this by then?

ehh i suckk at making tourneys some one else shud make one and maintain it

you were doing fine, this thread just got assassinated..thats all

this site sucks now thats the reason i started breeding a lot and go on smogon more.....i have a really nice vulpix now:smilewinkgrin:

LMAO haha i dont disconnect...and i dont suck, ur the one who sucks

Back