DEAD!!!!! My Wii turned stone-cold...

weedude

WiiChat Member
Jul 18, 2007
Bangkok, Thailand
Hi Guys
Don't know what to do now - but bring it in for repair...
We were playing Wii sports - Tennis - suddenly after approx 2h there was this sort tssjj sound from the wii, or the power regulator and it all turned black. Can get the wiimotes to flash blue but the console is abesloutely bricked! No light, no sound no nothing.
SHITE!
Any advice or experience on this matter would be appriciated.
Thanks
from Sadman

Have you had it modded? If so could be from the Nintendo updates. They have been threatening to do it since the W"ii forst came out.

If not then I suggest you take it back to the shop you bought it.

How long you had it? What country are you in?

Evolve82 said:
Have you had it modded? If so could be from the Nintendo updates. They have been threatening to do it since the W"ii forst came out.

If not then I suggest you take it back to the shop you bought it.

How long you had it? What country are you in?

Evolve82 - Thanks for feedback
- Had it for about two weeks.
- I am in Bangkok/Thailand where i bought it. Think all consoles here are modded by default - and not being illegal. And is being sold with a full year warrenty.
- Also I have NOT got around to do a manual Wii update - and it does not update automatically during game-play does it? So its the same firmware as when i bought it.

OK - thanks again. Bringing it in tomorrow...:sick:

Thanks again

edit - forgot to say thanks - and **** AGAIN. Just when i was starting playing RE4 and becommimg good in boxing....

Last edited:
No worries, your welcome. Feel free to ask anytime!

No they do not update when playing games, you have to click on the update button!!

I would take it back and see what they can do!

Let me know how it goes!

They will fix it I just called them just to ask why my Wiiremote made wierd noice lady just said send it in we fix it im like yay new WiiMote :smilewinkgrin:

Try unplugging your power cord from the wall and wii for 2 minutes...then plug it back in again..The breaker will reset itself...hopefully thats the problem. It happened to me and it worked again!

Evolve82 said:
No worries, your welcome. Feel free to ask anytime!

No they do not update when playing games, you have to click on the update button!!

I would take it back and see what they can do!

Let me know how it goes!

Just got back from the shop.
Brougth the power reg as well as the console - and guess what....
The faulty cause was the power reg.
So all is again well....

Cheers

weedude said:
Hi Guys
Don't know what to do now - but bring it in for repair...
We were playing Wii sports - Tennis - suddenly after approx 2h there was this sort tssjj sound from the wii, or the power regulator and it all turned black. Can get the wiimotes to flash blue but the console is abesloutely bricked! No light, no sound no nothing.
SHITE!
Any advice or experience on this matter would be appriciated.
Thanks
from Sadman
hmm maybe you haven't checked the ac adapter?

wow dude i feel bad for you maybe you shold just call nintendo and htey can work it out for you or maybe they can send you a new one...

weedude said:
Just got back from the shop.
Brougth the power reg as well as the console - and guess what....
The faulty cause was the power reg.
So all is again well....

Cheers
lol guys he already says it is fine...read that before posting more silly's :p

Back