Deep-fried PS3 anyone?

NateTheGreat said:
So...you're going to show you're against all things PS3...by buying one...which helps its manufacturers...and then burn it...sounds like a plan :scared:

Not quite... the ps3 costs around 800 to make and ship. So every ps3 sale Sony looses 200 usd. The wii on the other hand make a profit on every wii sold as the price to make it is less then the price its sold at. The ps3 launch in Japan, Sony sold a 1/.8 ratio on games so only 8 out of 10 people bought 1 game. Sony is so in debt..... As they planned to make up that 200 usd per a console loss in games. If Sony doesn’t sell more then 200$ in peripherals/games per a console they are breaking even or loosing money. This isn’t counting the cost to first make the cell and blue ray so it could be mass produced. They said they spent billions on cell and blue ray and Sony is also under investigation for tax evasion. Hahah. Dead before the launch. Its possible for them to make it up in Ipod like services, but its still ****ing funny.

Last edited:
But you are completely missing what Sony has gone after by producing a superior console. They are going for the LONG TERM market... not up front profits. It took Amazon.com almost 5 years to start turning a profit. And this same principal is what applies to the Ps3. Sure, they could have gone with a standard DVD player like Microsoft did or they could have gone with a standard processor.... and no Wi-Fi... and no Wireless controller without the Sixaxis... and they could have had millions of consoles ready for launch. But those crappy consoles would last 5 years at most inthis ever growing gaming industry. Sony is going to pull at the VERY LEAST 7-8 years out of the Playstation 3. You know why? Because they can with the Blu-Ray player. We all know that HD-DVD and Blu-Ray are the future... and people buying the Ps3 will have a lsice of the future now. So all the haters are either poor noobs, or people that think it's cool to hate. I on the other hand like ALL companies. I love my 360, I am going to love my Wii on Sunday and I will most definitely love my Ps3. There is room for all 3 next-gen consoles in this huge industry of gamers... either deal with it, or shut up becuase people are getting pretty sick of other console bashing.

They may be in it for the long hall.... but right now they are evading tax’s and they are loosing a ton of money on the ps3. I don’t know if they can last 3 years to get back that profit. If you’re evading your taxes it’s because you don’t have the money. In 3 years though, a company could make a console equal to the ps3 at an equal or lower price. This saving for the winter idea isn’t going to pan out. It’s going to tank them. The 360, which I don’t like… have about the same capabilities at a lower price in terms of graphics and I bet they aren’t as much money. And what does blue ray really mean? Its going to have very much more then a dvd because every disc has every version of the game on it, so its got about 6-12 dvds of the same content in different languages. This means the disc won’t have much room for more content. This could be saved with 7zip and if they are using it, cookie to them, but I don’t they are so all the versions of the game are really hogging all the space. We don’t need blue ray, blue ray needs us. If Sony fails in blue ray videos, their business model will rupture as they will loose profit instead of gain profit. It’s all about the blue ray to them. As a game system it cant support itself without blue ray.

I want Sony to succeed but i just don’t see it happening. If they cant show the world that they will be in it for the long hall, dev's will go to the wii and 360 instead, so when the ps3 can stand on its own, their wont be any good games for it as all the could titles were given away long ago.

Ask yourself. why is the ps3 coming out now when their is so little in terms of units? its because they need to sell it now because they are going bankrupt fast. Selling it now though will only make it worse though.

Last edited:
White-Wolf said:
Ask yourself. why is the ps3 coming out now when their is so little in terms of units? its because they need to sell it now because they are going bankrupt fast. Selling it now though will only make it worse though.

Do you honestly believe that the PS3 is the only place that Sony is relying on profits? Sony not only owns HUGE Movie studio, Music studios, Record lables, sells some of the best quality TVs and home electronics, but ALSO is one of the world BIGGEST tehcnology researchers and developers IN THE WORLD. If you honestly believe Sony is going brankrupt any time soon you have some serious issues... or you just need to get your **** straight.

Back