Did Twilight Princess meet your Expectations?

Joe

Banned
Oct 23, 2006
Parker CO
Wii Online Code
5856-5939-3035-0479
I dont think it did!
Remember this trailer?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0Tf9XxkwAE

Im sure you do, I got so pumped wathing this...and even today I do!
After years of delays for the title new things are brought up such as the wolf and the twilight realm ect., and they also killed off some things for instance the huge tree creatures!

Anyways what I just mean to say is the title felt less epic than what it first was!

Heres some big dissapointments about the game

-Not fully orchestrated music at promised

-Map isnt as large or detailed as it was hyped to be, and Hyrule felt like a bunch of rooms connected to one and other

-Was nowhere near as long as promised (first said it was 100 hours and its actually 40 )

These last things are more of my opinions

-Story was weak compared to other Zelda titles

-The Wii controls didn't feel all that great (wasnt worth the 1 year delay!)

-Link had so many facial expressions you no longer felt like him as Nintendo intended

-Not enough exploration...and thats why I love Zelda games!!!

Twilight Princess was a great game...but it could have been much much better!

list anymore things that you felt bummed about
FEEL FREE TO DISCUSS YOUR OPINIONS

Last edited:
I completely disagree but hey its your opinion. I think Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess is the best Legend of Zelda to date. It met and exceeded all my expectations.

i didn't have any expectations. was the first zelda i even cared to play. so, yeah, im with Master Jedi. best zelda ever.

As a zelda game i expected a lot, but i do have some problems with but IMO it was great probably the best, the controls were better then i expected, horseback battles are fun etc.

I see where your coming from tho.

i thought it was definatley a great game, there were two things that i felt wrong with it...

1) it seemed like there was no exploration between temples, it just seemed like one temple after another and so on.

2) Idk about anyone else, but i found every boss, (i just got to the twilight palace, please dont say anything about the final boss.) was incredibly easy, sometimes even the mini bosses in the temple were harder.

It was definitly a great game and "one" of the best zelda games but it sure doesn't come even close to OOT and i was expecting abit more but it is still a great game!

no i was a tad disapointed with the final offering but better than gears of war and resistence fall of man on 360 and ps3

You guys are absolutely crazy!

I mean seriously, this was my second Zelda played through and I absolutely loved it. It was a lot better than Wind Waker (I love WW btw) and it not only met my expectations, but it became my new favorite game of all time.

It is a matter of opinion I know, but you have to admit that this Zelda game defeats all others.

Never played one before but I loved it and now I want all the Zelda games

I do wish it was longer and more open but I'll leave that for the Zelda MMO

Everything in that trailer is from the game though? Except the army line-up, don't remember that.

They just put it together nicely and with music that enhanced it even more.

It's a great game, my favorite Zelda yet and of course it could have been better. Everygame can always be.

Hopefully those points you mentioned though will turn up in the next game.

I hope Nintendo tries harder...not that they didnt work their asses off on Twilight Princes...they just forgot the secret ingredient ...."Mr.Miyamto"....yeah he had a role with making the game... but he didnt have complete control...Eiji Aonuma did ,and has had direct control since Majoras Mask...no wonder we havent seen a better Zelda than Ocarina of Time!

Eiji Aonuma was initially the producer of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. However, between 2005 to 2006, Miyamoto switched to the director's role. He stated that the switch was the result of a year-long development being "Chabudai Gaeshi"ed. [2] In the same interview, Miyamoto said that he had to clean up the mess of his Chabudai Gaeshi, so he joined in as a producer and also to assist in the development of the game. Twilight Princess, eventually released for both the GameCube and Wii consoles, and has received tremendous critical acclaim and commercial success.

Thats why the trailer looks so good...because Aonuma wasnt the director! Mr.Miyamto is!!!

Last edited:
I guess that video was really early because thats not how link weilds his sword. He has it in his right hand in the game and his shield in his left hand. The video was opposite.

But anyways, I just got this game the other day, so maybe I cant comment to much on it, cus im not done it, but this game is so great. I was so excited to play this game, and well I wasnt really expecting much from it, other than another great zelda game. And this so far is my favourite zelda game to date.

how can u say that, its great but not OOT great!

What's Chabudai Gaeshi, some sought of food that he dropped so he had to clean all of it up? Anyways, I think it's pretty good I haven't even versed the first boss in the temples yet, but I just want to know one thing about it, how do you get in the big door because I looked at a walkthrough and it just says 'Ok, once you're in. But how do you actually get in there (it's the big plant thing diablabla or something) any help would be well appreciated. (Bit off topic sorry)

Ocarina of Time was good, but compared to the many hours you could play TP, the many more adventures, many more secrets. I don't know how you could say TP is not better than OoT.

Back