Did Twilight Princess meet your Expectations?

I actually like TP more than OOT. OoT is more of a classic just like the original Super Mario is, but just like I'd rather play Super Mario 3 over 1, I'd much rather play TP over OOT.

My only nit-pick is that the combat is a little too easy to master. Some bosses were on the easy side too.

Overall though TP lived up to my dreams and then some, I love it.

Now if Super Mario Galaxy does that, I'll be in heaven as I'm a huge Mario fan.

Last edited:
The music and 100 hours of game play would be awesome

CantGetAWii said:
I guess that video was really early because thats not how link weilds his sword. He has it in his right hand in the game and his shield in his left hand. The video was opposite.

But anyways, I just got this game the other day, so maybe I cant comment to much on it, cus im not done it, but this game is so great. I was so excited to play this game, and well I wasnt really expecting much from it, other than another great zelda game. And this so far is my favourite zelda game to date.

That's because of the Wii Remote thing in the GC he holds it in his left but in the Wii version he holds it in his right to better suit the majority of right-handed players not to mention it's gotten them a lot of hype suprising considering the only difference is the hand he holds his weapons in

mosx said:
Ocarina of Time was good, but compared to the many hours you could play TP, the many more adventures, many more secrets. I don't know how you could say TP is not better than OoT.

OoT in todays standards is not as good as TP but when OoT came out it was so much better than TP's launch

GpoleWeskie said:
What's Chabudai Gaeshi, some sought of food that he dropped so he had to clean all of it up? Anyways, I think it's pretty good I haven't even versed the first boss in the temples yet, but I just want to know one thing about it, how do you get in the big door because I looked at a walkthrough and it just says 'Ok, once you're in. But how do you actually get in there (it's the big plant thing diablabla or something) any help would be well appreciated. (Bit off topic sorry)

You need the big key

it's somewhere in the temple yeah I remember you know at the one place where there are two rotating bridges get the Gale Bomerang (From the white monkey you have to beat) use it on one of the spinning things on top of them and walk across there is a chest containing the key

StevenNevets said:
Everything in that trailer is from the game though? Except the army line-up, don't remember that.

They just put it together nicely and with music that enhanced it even more.

It's a great game, my favorite Zelda yet and of course it could have been better. Everygame can always be.

Hopefully those points you mentioned though will turn up in the next game.

The woods were either changed to that area with the fog on the ground or removed

On a separate note why is this not in the Twilight Princess forum

Joe said:
I hope Nintendo tries harder...not that they didnt work their asses off on Twilight Princes...they just forgot the secret ingredient ...."Mr.Miyamto"....yeah he had a role with making the game... but he didnt have complete control...Eiji Aonuma did ,and has had direct control since Majoras Mask...no wonder we havent seen a better Zelda than Ocarina of Time!

Thats why the trailer looks so good...because Aonuma wasnt the director! Mr.Miyamto is!!!

With all due respect Miyamoto is awesome and a genius but let's not forget Eiji Aonuma won best director over the director of Gears of War in EGM and Gears of War is the best game for the 360 as of now

Last edited:
I dont know....Orcarina of Time was just amazing for its time...and Twilight Princess is no where near as much as a WOW Ocarina of Time was...how come Nintendo cant do it anymore!? :confused:
Well actually they can...its just they didnt :sad:

OoT was probaly one of the greatest games ever, on any platform. the reason it was so god was because it showed a new was to lay out a zelda game which wasn't seen before....TP is a great game but to me it feels more like a part 3 of OoT instead of a new game...its still very good though

The game was long enough for me. 80 hours to beat the game and get all the Heart pieces, poes, bugs, and cave of ordeals. I still think OoT was better.

Here's where it stand on my favorites of Zelda games:
Majora's Mask
Ocarina of Time
Link to the Past
Twilight Princess

It was good but, far from the best. Being the wolf sucked. At night it was hard as hell to see anything, and yes, my TV settings test at the beginning checked out. Temple after Temple gets old, and I hope they take the repetitiveness out in the next game. I also hated the graphics style, it looked like Kingdom hearts at some points, I also didn't like the digital look and stuff.

However, I did like the battle system. I loved the new secret techniques and the items and weapons were good.

You didnt really like the graphics!
That was the most amazing thing in Twilight Princess....
But I think Nintendo focused more on the artwork than the actual game

I thought the graphics were good, just didn't like the style. It wasn't bright enough for Zelda.

I had no idea TP was coming, I decided to buy a wii a couple months after it had been released. When I started playing it, it was amazing and kept getting better. With no expectations about it, it turned out to be superb. I can't say anything bad about it.

Yes I talked with my friends for weeks about this first video when it was out supposing all sorts of thing. The video was amazing. It's true that tp is pretty disappointing but you have to keap in mind it can't be a ocarina of time 2. However the next zelda game is coming around 2009 and it involves time travelling.:smilewinkgrin: *back to dreaming*

Koncept said:
Yes I talked with my friends for weeks about this first video when it was out supposing all sorts of thing. The video was amazing. It's true that tp is pretty disappointing but you have to keap in mind it can't be a ocarina of time 2. However the next zelda game is coming around 2009 and it involves time travelling.:smilewinkgrin: *back to dreaming*

Really how do you know...........for all we know it could come out in 2008 because theyve been working on it for a year now. I wouldnt imagine them needing 4 years.....actually I'll wait 5 ****ing years as long as its better than OOT!
If the time traveling thing is true...thats great...time travel has always interested me...and its the best in Zelda.
Its fun coming to a town and then coming back X amount of years later to see all the changes!

Last edited:
I have to agree with MasterJedi2U, this was by far the best Zelda game made. Yes the story line may have been a bit weak but if you had any more game play, i would have got bored of it. I think it was just enough hours for the storyline to be interesting and not get repeatative.

Although it did feel like you were just going from one temple to another with only a few side quests inbetween, some of the puzzles that you had to solve definately kept me there for a while.

The bosses for all the temples did seem very easy compared to the ones that i remember from OoT. It seemed that you would walk in and instantly you knew what you had to do and it wasnt that hard to do it so nearly everytime you would get the boss done on your first attempt.

As far as my expectations go, it passed mine, it surprised me when Ganondorf was brough back into the storyline and it seemed to flow easliy from one section to another with the explantions for all the previous events taht have lead up to your current stage.

I personally thought it was a great game. In my eyes I saw it as being able to rub shoulders with the likes of Ocarina Of Time.
But Ocarina will always remain my favourite though.

I prefer the older zelda from twilight princess better compaired to the younger cell shaded zelda from wind waker, I'm surprised wind waker hasnt been mentioned much.

This zelda game is great althought I would like more diffrent tasks rather then just, temple, save a village as a wolf, temple, save a village etc.
But over all i found it great, its hard to compare the zelda games IMO opinion as they all have their strong points apart from 1 or 2.
I heard some where that while making twilight princess they got a start on the next zelda game and by the time zelda was released they were quite into it, i dont care if there is delays as long as the game is amazing!

Back