different channels

con77

Joined the dark side
Mar 8, 2007
Manchester
im sorry if any one else has posted this but i couldn't find it but does any one know if the wii can play cd's or DVD's is there a channel for that you have to download ?

It cannot play DVDs as it doesn't have an MPEG-2 decoder. This isn't something that can be downloaded and an extra piece of hardware is needed. A new version of the Wii will be released later this year which has the chip but existing Wiis won't be offered an upgrade

Nintendo will point and laugh..

...but then remind us that the new version will be more expensive.

im not happy about hearing the news of a new version of the wii im guessing its like the ds and the ds lite but nintendo have made me angry

Please. don't make me laugh, you think nintendo will just let the fans get nothing? Trust me something will be done. Mbaey a free 4000 wii points or a free game or accesory.

Wiitendo said:
Please. don't make me laugh, you think nintendo will just let the fans get nothing? Trust me something will be done. Mbaey a free 4000 wii points or a free game or accesory.

i like the sound of that

why does everybody care so much about this? im just assuming here, but if you can buy a wii, you probably already have a dvd player.... so why does it matter?

FWELR said:
why does everybody care so much about this? im just assuming here, but if you can buy a wii, you probably already have a dvd player.... so why does it matter?
because people want to save space and don't like a million wires cluttering up the back of their entertainment center

Back