wii video 9 question

dark samus

come to the dark side....
Aug 22, 2007
victoria, australia
Wii Online Code
7159-9733-2785-0220
i dont know if this is in the right place or not but if it isnt then im sorry, but anyway, umm about wii video 9. this a quess about what it does, does it take programs on your pc and send onto your wii so you can watch videos and play music on your wii? and if it is does the pc program you downloaded onto your wii turn out as a channel? and also does it need you to buy anything for it to connect to the wii? thanks.

Wii Video 9 simply converts different movie types into a format which the Wii can read. You will need a SD card to transfer the converted movies onto your Wii console.

Byuakuya said:
Wii Video 9 simply converts different movie types into a format which the Wii can read. You will need a SD card to transfer the converted movies onto your Wii console.

That's true it just converts your videos in your pc from .avi or any other format to .mov or .flv which are the common types of files read by the wii. Sorry you can only watch the videos through the photochannel.

It's not even part of your wii software...the wii9 goes in your pc and you do everything through your pc but you can watch videos through photo channel.

I can't get WII Video 9 to work.. Everytime I convert my movies the wii has a ? with a film strip and it says it can't read .avi...

Every time i use photo channel the pictures come up for about 2 seconds then they dissappear and are replaced by question marks. states files are not supported but they are just simple jpg files. had the same problem with phot 1.1....seems the software is quite useless really.

O.k. when using wii video 9 convert your videos to mpjeg format..I think is the default one...That should work. The .flv is not working anymore...with the new wii video 9 installment. So use the mpjeg format.
Just got to convert then to the second tab. And the option under one-touch convertion...I think is convert video or file...And choose your file. And press start..After it is done. Go to you converted videos>wii>mpjeg folder and get your video and transfer it to the sd card. You wii should read it as a photo but when the photo is selected in photo channel the video starts playing.

Like I said before the .flv format is not working anymore and those where the less heavy format files.

Last edited:
I'm still having issues with the conversion. I choose mjpeg, but the file actually saves as an .avi file. When I try to play it in the wii - I get a question mark - it can read the file name, but can't play the file. What gives?

Back