Dirty Remotes

Vertiginous

WiiChat Member
Nov 20, 2006
Wisconsin
Wii Online Code
3557-9489-0828-5748
I probably didn't need to make a brand new thread for this but I didn't know where else to put this...

I was just wondering...if anyone else's remotes are getting really dirty from being in the hands of other people all the time and myself...cause on the white remote its just getting black crud around the buttons, etc...I dunno if this bothers anyone else but I like to keep my hardware clean.

I know they have skins out there for the remotes but I've heard they are too thick and its hard to push the buttons...can anyone tell me their experience with the skins if they have any? Thanks!!

Well, mine aren't getting dirty, but I just don't like other people using it. Sadly, until I can get a third and fourth Wiimote, I won't have one for myself. I'm just a germaphobe, though

I know the skins go around the buttons, but some of the buttons on the remote are kinda recessed.

When I read this I rushed to check my wii-mote. Nothing. But ive been a phob about my Wii telling everyone to wash there hands an stuff. Any chance we can get a pic of yours?

haha, well I just recently cleaned them, so once they get a little dirtier again I could post some pics. One of my friends broke the darn strap on one of my Wii-motes as well...good thing he didn't let it fly.

Lol well I havent thrown mine, but I can understand how someone can get so into the game that they just forget there holding a $40 piece of hardware.

Yeah the straps come with the remotes...well it broke off and inside of the string is just a tiny piece of...what it looks like is fishing wire...so I can see how it could snap...he was playing baseball and somehow he just snapped when he swung...I got so pissed at him though, but now i'm over it...just strapless on 1 remote :(

so what are these silicon skins like? are they worth getting? do they actually keep the remote clean? are the buttons still easy to push? seems pretty pointless getting one without getting one for the nunchuk.

If your wiimote is getting dirty then it just means who ever playes it don't wash their hands that often.

Back