Do Americans say 'mate'?

Brawny said:
AHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAhAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAH

First, elected parliamentary officers ARE a republic.
Second, the Constitution tells the government what it can specifically do. (Commerce and Necessary and Proper clauses notwithstanding).

The bill of rights contained within that tell it what it cannot infringe upon you.

Please go take a proper goverment class.

Edit: Britain has a Constitution...

I stand corrected.

Frogger said:
I'm on nearly all of the benefits possible. >_>

Benefits are cool. Why?

- Slow it down it says 'Ben Is Fit' xD [My names Ben btw lol]
- It's free money
- If it's right there for you. Take it [See statment #2]

navarre said:
'Mate' is one of my favourite views to use. All my friends use it. Most of my family use it. Truth is, I've never, ever heard an American use it. Here in Britain, and Australia, 'mate' is used a lot of the time to show someone you're their friend. Are Americans even conscious of the word?

They say it, when talking about some kinds of animal sex that is. :lol:

A mate and mating. :p

Although it's now a stereotype around America. If anyone mocks the accent they usually say "G'day mate!" and then something about wallabies. In the US, thats the stereotypical Aussie.

My friend's stereotype for an American must be a bible thumping, fat-assed, conservative, xenophobic, homophobic, internet loving, 1337 typing, book hating, tv loving, beer drinking drunk ass, useless, redneck, fast-food loving, gun loving, war-mongering, imbecilic, idiotic, stereotyping, white supremest, douche. I think I left some out, but I don't think hes that far off. :ciappa:

Seriously, if I met someone like that I would either drop dead or kill them. The second is actually more likely.

Last edited:
Back