Do Americans say 'mate'?

Is it true that british history books view the american revolution as a bad thing?
I heard rumors that it has. lol.

Frogger said:
...Please... Never... Talk... About... Politics... With... Me...

Just because I enjoy a good political debate doesn't mean I'm not freaking happy with what we talk about!

Don't worry, I follow your converstation cues anyway.

MARVEL>DC

No it isn't
Thats just stupid rumors
But there are supposed to be a lot of americans who don't even know what ww1 or 2 were about is that true

Celeste said:
I think what he's saying is that the US was very concerned with not infringing on the rights and freedoms of any citizen. So while Britain was debating over whether they SHOULD do the mentioned things, the US was debating over whether they even COULD within the constitution. Amirite Adam, y/n?

And thats why I prefer not being a Republic. No Constitution to tell me how to live my life.

one thing that will certainly bring a lot of opinions is politics
We can all agree on that i think :D

navarre said:
And thats why I prefer not being a Republic. No Constitution to tell me how to live my life.

AHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAhAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAH

First, elected parliamentary officers ARE a republic.
Second, the Constitution tells the government what it can specifically do. (Commerce and Necessary and Proper clauses notwithstanding).

The bill of rights contained within that tell it what it cannot infringe upon you.

Please go take a proper goverment class.

Edit: Britain has a Constitution...

You're*

And is it not obvious?

Edit: It's not that I'm easy to please! You're just VEEERY good at what you do. :ihih:

Last edited:
navarre said:

A constitution doesn't tell you how to live your life, it's just a set of laws. Anyway, like Brawny said, we technically have a constitution already, it's just unwritten.

Also, I wouldn't mind Britain becoming a republic. I'm sick of my taxes paying for some family who didn't do anything to earn their position and just happened to be born with a silver spoon up their arse.

Back