Do u WANNA get married?

I'm quite glad you think differently on this subject Jack, as it gives us some discussion on this forum!

I have a few questions, if you don't mind.
Would you consider having a 'life partner'? Or do you think you won't fall in love like that?

If you did fall in love, would you consider getting married?

A 'life partner' wouldn't be out of the question. I mean, it wouldn't be ideal - I consider a life without that sort of burden a more healthy and constructive life - but you can't exactly predict whether or not you're going to fall in love.

I'd never marry simply because it has no upsides. I mean, like I've already mentioned, ideally, I don't want that sort of burden.

And also, given that I don't marry - I won't get fleeced in the case of a divorce. Why would I get married knowing that a divorce may well ensue, along with the loss of a hell of a lot of cash, and belongings.
Have you ever been in love?
Maybe it has to find you.
And you may well change after that.

Can't say I'm too bothered.
If I did.. I've got to admit I'd be mainly doing it to have a good 'ol get together party. I don't think being married really changes your relationship, certainly not help it anyway. So I'm not too bothered about it. It might sound mean but yeah.. it wouldn't really be for the commitment stuff, I don't need a ring and a piece of paper to know what's what in my relationship. I'd just rather it be.. a celebration of our love.. yeah.

A 'life partner' wouldn't be out of the question. I mean, it wouldn't be ideal - I consider a life without that sort of burden a more healthy and constructive life - but you can't exactly predict whether or not you're going to fall in love.

I'd never marry simply because it has no upsides. I mean, like I've already mentioned, ideally, I don't want that sort of burden.

And also, given that I don't marry - I won't get fleeced in the case of a divorce. Why would I get married knowing that a divorce may well ensue, along with the loss of a hell of a lot of cash, and belongings.

That's fair enough. It's a bit of a shame though as you could potentially meet someone who would make your life even better, and you could make their life even better! Of course, it might not happen - as you said, you can't predict whether or not you're going to fall in love.

I'm not going to tell you what to think or anything, but you're only young so don't rule out marriage just yet! There's no apparent reason why you'd get divorced, and the right lady might change your mind ;)

I consider a life without that sort of burden a more healthy and constructive life

I do understand there's some downsides that you'd be afraid of, but denying there is any good in marriage is rather close minded no? (didn't mean that to be insulting, sorry if it was) If you're open to having a life partner then you're open to marriage in my book. Any relationship has the risk of breaking up. Monetary issues are easily solved with prenups if thats important to you. But if you wanna talk monetary issues you're ignoring the tax benefits of marriage. Yeah that's a stupid reason to get married, but its the same as not getting married due to fear of losing money. These days there might be some societal laws surrounding marriage that could turn you off I'd understand. But that is all just stuff that comes with the territory and not a good reason to miss out on marriage, but thats my opinion i guess. I highly value love, intimacy, and cuddling. ;)

Like I've said though, it is your choice and you do know whats best for you, but I feel like having children and having a wife are things in life I would never want to miss. Sure you'll be terrified when the sucker pops out of the womb and much stress will ensue in raising them, but just as with marriage, why focus on the negative. I tend to believe the fact that it takes work to make it work shows that its worth something. Nothing good in life comes free.

just got engaged in may. getting married next august.

OMG get out while you can dude! Haha, kidding, congrats man.

Last edited:
**** yeah I wanna get married. I want an attractive wife so that's why I'm working out already.

Asian chicks are hot enough said :p

***** stole my thread and 90% of its depth.

Back