do you think i can get super mario galaxy

thas

Canadian/Gamer for life
Sep 17, 2007
Canada
Wii Online Code
4614-1471-6665-4276
without pre-ordering. i cant pre-order because i dont have the card at the moment. im a huge fan of platformers and my favourite out of all of them is mario game. so do you think i have to wake up early to get to the store or can i go like at noon to get it?

The only game I've ever known to sell out of stores on its first day was N64's The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time. Even then it only took time to shop around a few stores before you found one that had yet to sell out their stock. Halo 3 may have followed this trend, but I wouldn't know (surprisingly none of my friends with 360s are interested in that franchise, thus I don't know anyone who tried to get the game).

My point: I'm certain you'll find Galaxy on launch day. Just go for the less-visited stores off the bat if you don't want to have to shop around too much, I guess.

halo 3 did not sell out, the only software that should sell out are games that the publisher didnt expect to sell well but do. if smg becomes scarce then we'll know for sure that nintendo is doing shortages on purpose.

Sovieto said:
halo 3 did not sell out, the only software that should sell out are games that the publisher didnt expect to sell well but do. if smg becomes scarce then we'll know for sure that nintendo is doing shortages on purpose.

I really dont see the point of game shortages, especially a big one with no other big games coming out at that time...
but we know they are limiting Wii supplies on purpose:lol:

Sovieto said:

Ah, thanks for the response.
There you have it: I cannot recall a single major title in the recent decade selling out on the first day.

So sit back, relax, and rather than find the first pre-order location you can think of, look for that one retailer that's going to undercut the competition with launch-day sales/discounts. I'm placing my bets on good 'ole Toys R Us.

Back