Does anyone know if the Wii will have a DVD player in it

i dont see how anyone doesnt have a dvd player now. they sell em cheap. plus they are in the ps2 and the xbox systems. being on the wii doesnt seem all that great.

only reason i want dvd playback is so I can use those DVd lens cleaner on my Wii every now and then.

Nintendo can easily enable DVD playback via firmware update and add the DVD feature to it's shop channel...

Nemix said:
only reason i want dvd playback is so I can use those DVd lens cleaner on my Wii every now and then.

Nintendo can easily enable DVD playback via firmware update and add the DVD feature to it's shop channel...

i pretty sure they would make one for the wii. matter of fact you could buy one for the gamecube. and put it in there. if it will play GC games then it should be able to use GC lens cleaner.

Robertking1123 said:
i pretty sure they would make one for the wii. matter of fact you could buy one for the gamecube. and put it in there. if it will play GC games then it should be able to use GC lens cleaner.

Could you give me link, i don't mind even if it's a Gamecube lens cleaner...

Nemix said:

Why would you need a lens cleaner....that is such a old techs tale.

I have had many, MANY, CD drives, DVD drives, LaserDisc drives and not a single one needed cleaning. In fact your probably putting micro scratches on the lens.

viperjason said:
Why would you need a lens cleaner....that is such a old techs tale.

I have had many, MANY, CD drives, DVD drives, LaserDisc drives and not a single one needed cleaning. In fact your probably putting micro scratches on the lens.

good to know, don't know why but those little things always seem to grab my attention in retail stores... man when i see the words clean, life, and improved i go nuts....

guess i'm just a sucker or because i don't vacuum as often... anyhow i tried one those suckers (wet) on my Dreamcast before and it worked so figure i'd buy a dry one this time for the Wii some good brand like (Maxell) and do it monthly to avoid reading problems... :rolleyes:

I've read these forums for a few months and I HAD to register to reply to this thread.

Its obvious that all of you either haven't thought this through completely or have no interest in sound quality.....

The Wii can only output analog stereo sound. Even a 25$ DVD player could outperform the Wii. :crazy:

Back