why doesnt the wii....

surfinrach90 said:
Nintendo said from the start that the wii was going to be purely a gaming console. Nothing more, nothing less.

False?

I thought they said it was going to be a family media device. Allowing you to check the news, weather, and some other things you may want to do daily. Not that I used my Wii to check news or weather daily but I swear Nintendo was advertising it as MORE than just a video game system to hook a lot of parents.

This has been done to death. If the Wii doesnt play dvds then deal with it. The wii doesnt make toast either does it. Same concept.

look right back down the ninty line there is no dvd playback (i dont think anyway) nintendo are pretty much the only console that is DEDICATED to the gaming side of things. wii is still sold out in many places too.

actually.. don';t one of th mod chips enable DVD playback?

By the time Wii ends its life (hopefully in 5 years, no sooner), DVD will be old hat. By not including it, people can't say, "Hey look, PS3 has Blu-ray and X-Box 360 has HD-DVD (Sort of), but look at that stupid Wii thing - hah still got DVD!".

Maybe?

I agree, Wii needs a DVD player and it needs to have a blender on the side too. Nintendo should follow Sony's lead with the PS3 grill, people want something to taste while gaming...am I right?

How could you people say it's purely a gaming console? Look at all the completely useless non-gaming channels they add every couple of months!

It wouldn't cost Nintendo much more to make the Wii's play DVDs, it would actualy be realy cheap and a nice add on to the system.

Tsh, why doesn't the PS3 have a BBQ in it.

Back