Download Characters For Brawl WONT HAPPEN! (NO SPOIL)

AtomicB said:

It would be stupid to think that they could fit a character on to a Wii's hard drive!

I mean, that'd be like putting an N64 game on your Wii!
ever heard of virtual console? Yeah, it's pretty popular. You should pay attention to the people when they talk about the N64 GAMES THEY PUT ON THEIR WII.

COLDshiver said:
It shouldn't take up that much space. You are over complicating things. The biggest file would be the character itself, which would not take up as much space as you think. Think of all the VC games you can stick on your Wii, how many models do they include? How many animations? A ton, such as mario 64. And mario 64 doesn't take up all your Wii's space, does it?

For dlc for Brawl, all you need is one measly 3d character. All the stuff is set up in the game already. If they were to add dlc, then would have prepared for it on the game disc itself to make adding in new characters less of a pain.

But we must wait til this Friday for Nintendo's speech and hopefully they will say something about it.
yep. I agree. 2 possible DLCs could be the peach in this guys sig, and Crystal. Hopefully.

Brawl_King said:
ever heard of virtual console? Yeah, it's pretty popular. You should pay attention to the people when they talk about the N64 GAMES THEY PUT ON THEIR WII.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm theres a thing in this world that is called hmmmm SCARCASIM! he was just being scaristic he is saying that characters would take less space than N64 games that you download jesse

PEOPLE PLEASE USE SCARCASIM WRAPINGS!!!!!! SOME PEOPLE CANT UNDERSTAND

Brawl_King said:
yep. I agree. 2 possible DLCs could be the peach in this guys sig, and Crystal. Hopefully.

Ok another Starfox character and i will serously just freak out and if that starfox character has something even remotly close to a final smash that uses a landmaster then well I dont know what I'l do but it will be something bad

Also try not to double post, WELCOME TO WII CHAT by the way

Last edited:
Sry to burst this bubble,but.........Sakurai said that DLC wont e happening. But int eh way he was saying it he didnt straight out say it 100%.
http://wii.ign.com/articles/853/853748p1.html

IGN: We have to ask because there are so many rumors about this. Are there any hidden characters to come? Can you unlock more hidden fighters by way of WiiConnect24 or will you offer new downloadable content -- new fighters, for example. -- using the service?

Masahiro Sakurai: No. There are no characters that can be unlocked via connecting to WiiConnect24 or interacting in that fashion. And I may be mistaken here, but the Wii doesn't have a hard drive -- it's a disc-based system -- so I don't think we'll be doing that, I don't think it's going to happen.

Nintendo could do it. That's a fact. However another fact is Nintendo doesn't like patching their games, let alone adding new content. Just look at the interface for the Wii. It's the same old interface. XBL and Sony have changed their interface appearance a few times now. Pay more attention to your Mii people. When they offer us new palletes there, then it's a possibility.

sagema said:
Nintendo could do it. That's a fact. However another fact is Nintendo doesn't like patching their games, let alone adding new content. Just look at the interface for the Wii. It's the same old interface. XBL and Sony have changed their interface appearance a few times now. Pay more attention to your Mii people. When they offer us new palletes there, then it's a possibility.

Ya, they might do that in the future, but wont they want too see how the game plays out for the time being without launching characters right offte bat?

AtomicB said:
... You're ability to detect sarcasm is astounding... =.='`
haha ya sorry thats my mistake i wasn't aware that you could download VC's for 64 games. thought it was only nes... therefore the not intelligent comment

It's always a possibility that he might change his mind but you could just have to buy a special "nintendo lisenced" SD card that you need to save your downloadable characters, or it might do something similar to the daily level, possibly on like certain character/game anniversary you could get a character for a day. (Just a thought, feel free to shoot me down or tell me it was disproved or tell me it's not my idea:smilewinkgrin: )

haha nice first post. i think it'd be a slight waste though to make a character just for a day... funny though lol like a cameo appearance haha

Hah thank you, but although it would be a waste it would be less of a waste if they used it as a way to test peoples reaction to certain characters and have a contest of somesort to pick out of the one's that were possible.

(I'm not sure why but i keep having visions of the red mighty morphin power ranger for brawl)

Back