Dragon Blade, anyone play it yet?

sherwood3570

infused
May 20, 2007
Michigan
Wii Online Code
1830-2062-7374-0757
Did anyone play Dragon Blade yet, the attacks look so rad. If so, can you give me some sort of mini-review.

THANKS DOODS

I've heard it's a budget title without a budget price tag. Ign gave it a 5.5. So...if that helps at all...

nic7 said:
I've heard it's a budget title without a budget price tag. Ign gave it a 5.5. So...if that helps at all...
Damn, are you kidding me? I was really looking forward to this game. How disappointing. Still worth a rent I think.

ssbb_lover said:
Damn, are you kidding me? I was really looking forward to this game. How disappointing. Still worth a rent I think.

The review did mention it was still worth a rent. It's also worth noting that the reader reviews average was 7.6 .

Closing Comments:

We dig the Dragon Blade concept, and it's one of the reasons we've been following the game so close since its first showing during pre-E3 showings. Wii needs more games like Dragon Blade, not only on the "original IP" train of thought, but as far as beat-em-ups go. The game simply suffers from what looks like a fast development time, not a ton of experience with the hardware yet, and a full retail pricing. As a $40 game (still better than $50) Dragon Blade lacks in far too many areas to be worth the cash, as the combat is simple, the design is entirely one-dimensional, and the simplistic enemy AI and gameplay bugs get in the way of an otherwise straightforward design. For fans of beat-em-up games, or for those that just want to try something new on Wii, give this one a rental, or wait until it drops a bit more before purchasing. Everyone else is free to join us on the wait for a more polished, focused, and ambitious effort in a sequel. The concept is there, but the execution isn't.

Source: http://au.wii.ign.com/articles/824/824748p1.html

Last edited:
Except for the $40, this sounds a lot like Red Steel...

...But, I think this will be better. I'll probably rent it.

- Crappy Rating

- Bad Graphics

- Doesn't utilize controls well

- Feels Rushed

- Is only worth a rent

- Simple AI

- Is this just me? :p

blankconnection said:
you just said what Ign titled their article...u lame

Lol really? Well, it is what I heard. So, I wasn't lying. I had just completed forgot where i heard it from.

I dont think they have mastered the gameplay of this type of game yet (I mean the devs of course) in a while when its perfected wii owners will experience sex in video game form

Well, I have been playing this game I I like it a lot.

Controls are reasonably accurate, the game plays well enough, the graphics are ok, and the storyline moves ok, with some sequence.

However, the story does seem very secondary to the hack'n'slash which COULD mean it gets old. Also, some of the critters enter the game to early for their level of difficulty. The bosses seem to be less logically placed than for example in Zelda TP, though it is obvious that the style of boss sequence is very much influenced by such games. And the first dragon you fight seems too hard/long winded battle for the placement in the game. Not saying it is TOO HARD perse, but the first one should be slightly shorter battle than this one.

In spite of all such issues, I am very much enjoying the fighting style and the swordplay is treated well. Just remember: as with MOST wii games, this one does not compensate well for the natural human tendancy to whip left prior to swining your arm right, or whip right prior to swinging left etc. So you need to train your brain to operate without that whipping motion, which does NOT feel natural at first, but you CAN get used to it.

Still, a game well worth playing while we wait for womething like the next zelda game or final fantasy etc.

Back