Spiderman 3 does anyone have any first impressions yet?

yesterday i watched the movie ( loved IT !) then i hurried to eb games to buy the game and i thought
- oh my gosh! is eledees out today two???
so there i was standing with them both in my hand. ended up with eledees though.

It rockzzss!!

I got it but haven't played it yet....my husband won't let me he says its a guy game...but hell i like spiderman too....

xbeebeex said:
I got it but haven't played it yet....my husband won't let me he says its a guy game...but hell i like spiderman too....

Thats stupid of him.

Anyway, I bought it yesterday and I haven't played it too much. I'm liking it so far but haven't had a chance to play too much. I'll give a full review when I play it more. I don't want to go too far into the storyline as I haven't seen the movie yet and don't want to ruin anything. I'll give some first impressions though.

Web Swinging
This is a ton of fun after you get used to the controls. I was really bad at first and it was frustrating but once you get better its alot of fun.

Fighting
Was very clunky at first and I was a bit disappointed but I'm getting better at it and its more fun now, albeit a little repetitive. As you gain experience you get more moves and it makes it more fun. Again as I haven't played too much of the storyline I don't know how repetitive it will be. The one part of the storyline I played was to get the black suit and that is described in the spoiler.

I played the first fight with harry and I thought it was very well done, challenging, and fun.

Graphics
I suppose I agree with IGN's complaint that the graphics aren't spectacular but when you're swinging around I don't really stare at the building and stuff. I am a little upset that the city is somewhat repetitive and there aren't many landmarks so everything looks very similar.

Black Suit
One of the things that really interested me was the decisions needed when using the black suit. Namely quick power versus experience. And I'm pretty happy so far with how this was implemented.

I'll do a full review after I've played more which might not be for a couple days. Personally I don't think it's as bad as IGN said. They probably played more though so who knows. I'll let you all know when I can.

Looks awesome and the first two rocked the Wii has bonus content and Motion control which more than makes up for the graphics I will tell you when I get it

Skorp have you played the second spiderman movie game for the GC (or PS2/Xbox)?

If you have I'm curious how it compares to the others..

I've played spider-man2 on the gamecube and the graphics were ok. I guess this one should be superior, or is it?

spider man 2 is AWESOME i loved that game soo much ( i had it for xbox)..
it actaully compared with halo 1 and 2... its like Gta but with spider man.. i dont know weather i should get this.. i think ill get godfather instead

The general consensus on several websites seems to be that the game sucks horribly on all systems. Just rent it. If you like then buy. Its really sad to since I really had high expectations for this game. I thought the developers would actually produce a truly stunning product in terms of visuals and graphics and now everyone is saying that they are so bad.

This only adds fuel to the fire that could do to the Nintendo Wii what was done to GameCube. i don't understand WHY Nintendo can't REFUSE to put these shitty games on their systems. They need to start making their expectations and most importantly OURS to crystal clear to videogame makers. As in I want top quality graphics and I want top quality gameplay. Its not that hard to do Nintendo. Stop accepting mediocrity and it occur anymore. Its just that simple. Just like I really wanted to get Heatseeker yet I didn't because all the reviews said the same thing about the game and they were basically right.

Is the game similar to Spider-Man 2 on the GC cuz I really loved that game and if it's similar to that then I'll probably like it despite what everyone's saying.

Now ive gotten used to it (the swinging) i like the way the controls work. The graphics are nothing to right home about though, the bulidings dont seem to have any depth to them and look all the same. I like the way you can switch back and forth with the black suit. The other thing i dont like it that no-one seems to know you are there.. in spiderman 2 on the ps2 you got people saying stuff to you as you go past them, in this the people are just zombies with the occasional mutter. Surely it wouldnt take much for them just to watch you swing or run past them and cheering like they are all the way through the movie..would definately add more realism

I would give this about a 7.5 out of 10 - it may change the more i play though..

Seems like an alright game.. May rent it later on today.

Jay61 said:
Skorp have you played the second spiderman movie game for the GC (or PS2/Xbox)?

If you have I'm curious how it compares to the others..

Sorry Jay I haven't played the previous games. I heard good things about them which is partly why I bought spiderman 3. Hopefully I'll do a full review in a few more days. Apologies for the delay I'm out of town visiting a friend and haven't been able to play as much as I need to before I can give a good review.

Well, i'm not surprised. I was never interested in buying it, because it was obvious for me from the beginning that it wouldn't be good. It's always, and I mead always, the same with Moviebased Games that are rushed to be launched with the Movie itself.

I want it, but after seeing the half bridge on IGN, I have a feeling that that is going to be all over the place. I may rent it, or get it when it becomes cheaper....

Back