Dreamcast 2?

demonflair said:
Are you out of mind?? :lol:
Shenmue 2 is one of my favourite games ever :)
Play it and you will understand it. :wink:

You need to play 2 (also on xbox)
Then three
LOL

Forget the Dreamcast :wink: - let's get into the whole argument regarding Sega as one of the best system manufacturers in the entire console market., shooting themselves in the foot.....hmmm, make that feet!

Master System to the Dreamcast - all innovative and well powered when compared to more modern systems - I was a massive Saturn fan and before that the very underrated CD 32X - dude, these were well ahead of anything at the time imho but Sega had on fatal flaw in all that time - advertising, where was it!!!!???

Sega would have still been the fourth spoke in the console wheel if they had pushed their systems more than they did - reviewers all raved but Sega thought that word of mouth [in Europe especially] would be enough....sadly not!! Hell doesn't the Dreamcast still sell in the East?

Now we have the situation where Saturn classics are being ported over to Wii - I bet that it won't look much different either!

Bring on "Burning Ranger" Hurumph...:wtf:

there is a shenmu 3? if it wasnt for sega some of these consoles around 2day wouldnt be as good as they are

Darkprinny said:
You need to play 2 (also on xbox)
Then three
LOL

Hint* I bought the game for the Xbox *Hint

The Shenmue 1 movie was very good and epic, really great :]

Shenmue 3?? :lol:

There's never going to happen such thing!?! :lol:

i didnt like the idea of shenmu for the xbox should of just been for dreamcast then pasted down to nintendo cause sega and nintendo work 2gether now

joe_duffy said:
they should bring the shenmu series out for the Wii

If you check the articles section - Corey has already started this debate..

Link

Would I want a Dreamcast 2? No. Why? Well... the only Sega game that I ever really love (except some Comix game and some odd others) was Sonic, and that was only 2D sonic; since Sonic has become 3D I feel he has failed imho.

Wiired said:
Would I want a Dreamcast 2? No. Why? Well... the only Sega game that I ever really love (except some Comix game and some odd others) was Sonic, and that was only 2D sonic; since Sonic has become 3D I feel he has failed imho.

What about Virtua Cop / Fighter, Burning Rangers, Nights: Into Dreams and the vastly enjoyable Sega Rally- at the time of release I would say they rated in the wow factor very very close to the original Sonic.... didn't they rate for you Wiired?

Although I do think that Sonic Rush for the DS is very close to the original Sonic!

Rolex said:
What about Virtua Cop / Fighter, Burning Rangers, Nights: Into Dreams and the vastly enjoyable Sega Rally- at the time of release I would say they rated in the wow factor very very close to the original Sonic.... didn't they rate for you Wiired?

Although I do think that Sonic Rush for the DS is very close to the original Sonic!
Sadly a bunch of games I haven't been able to play (except Sega Rally), and yeah I agree with you. Though I feel if Sega made a console that was 16/32 bit, it would be just as popular as if they made a new one with Xbox 360-like graphics, just because the games were much better IMO. Sonic for the 360 is meant to be one of the worst games on there, whereas Sonic on 16-bit was one of the best.

And yeah I agree, Sonic Rush is almost as good. Sort of like making New Super Mario Bros, I felt that was better then the likes of Super Mario 64, just because of the classic styles.

i heard that a important man who worked at sega called mr......i can remember his but he died and that when sega stopped making consoles and also when dreamcast died..

I've got a DC ^^ *points to cupboard* it's even in the original box... i get it out once a year for a go on QUAKE III

^^

=/ but... will it work on my HDtv? i can't honestly say

Sega are most definately out of the console business - they've even said it themselves.

Dont you guys forget about SEGA channel! That was the best. It came with a Phantom 2040 ring. To bad they also went under. Probably because of rights./ money.

As for 32x, not many people know about it becuase of what??? Advertisment as what was stated.

Wiired said:
Sadly a bunch of games I haven't been able to play (except Sega Rally), and yeah I agree with you. Though I feel if Sega made a console that was 16/32 bit, it would be just as popular as if they made a new one with Xbox 360-like graphics, just because the games were much better IMO. Sonic for the 360 is meant to be one of the worst games on there, whereas Sonic on 16-bit was one of the best.

And yeah I agree, Sonic Rush is almost as good. Sort of like making New Super Mario Bros, I felt that was better then the likes of Super Mario 64, just because of the classic styles.

Sega had that magic touch that seemed to bypass what Nintendo ever did - they [Sega] just churned these top titles out for Master System to DreamCast and certainly gave anyone else a run for their money without a doubt...and they did it on their own machine, similar to Nintendo and Mario but Sega kept a wider stable of genres. Which is what Wii is bringing out again now - Shame Sega couldn't keep it up when 3rd Party Dev'ness' beckoned LOL

I have just ordered Mario 64 DS - I am fairly new to the DS and am looking forward to it to be honest - something I wouldn't have said if I was still a Sega owner :sick: :lol:

Rolex said:
- I was a massive Saturn fan
Was ! this one still is
but Sega had on fatal flaw in all that time - advertising, where was it!!!!???

Every body blames advertising
I blame all the game stores
There was a time when every one I went into first shelfs PSX then some ware at the back Saturn
Even the spotty sales kids where tellin people to buy the PSX

Also it could be chipped for copys people/noobs will buy the one that they can get cheap games for
The Saturn could be chipped but Saturn fans didn't do it wii all got the 50/60 import chips fitted
Now we have the situation where Saturn classics are being ported over to Wii

Bring on "Burning Rangers" Hurumph...:wtf:

Whens dragon force coming
One of the best rpgs ever

but... will it work on my HDtv? i can't honestly say

Yes it dose

Back