Dreamcast Relaunch

Lord Haku

I have returned
Jul 3, 2006
Village Hidden in the Mist
Wii Online Code
1234-1234-1234-1234
Yes, staright from IGN they are thinking of relaunching the dreamcast. Why a sudden revial of a dying system. Well it seems that these people really love Dreamcast and there is actually a new game for it. The dreamcast 2 will fail again becuase as we know there a generation to late. Whether or not it will launch is doubtful, but all i can do is sit back and laugh at another consle flop:lol:

Lord Haku said:
Yes, staright from IGN they are thinking of relaunching the dreamcast. Why a sudden revial of a dying system. Well it seems that these people really love Dreamcast and there is actually a new game for it. The dreamcast 2 will fail again becuase as we know there a generation to late. Whether or not it will launch is doubtful, but all i can do is sit back and laugh at another consle flop:lol:

Are you kidding?!?!?! This is amazing news! Let me guess Lord Haku, that you have never played the console or owned one. This is still my favorite system at this point in time. Games such as Sonic, Shenmue, Test Drive Le Mans, Skies of Arcadia, Toy Commander, Powerstone 1 and 2 , Jet Grind Radio and many others are the pinnacle of the gaming world that not many experienced because they were too taken by either the Playstation and what have you. Some of the best gaming is on the Dreamcast!

However, this article says that IGN created the theory of it happening here and its all BS. So it probably won't happen, although I would love it to lol.

http://dreamcast.ign.com/articles/711/711721p1.html

The writers of IGN did say that they are playing all 250 games that were released in the U.S. and are going to post new videos and images on the website of their new reviews. Haha, thats dedication! Loves it.

- Scyther

It would be great if Dreamcast games were available on the Wii's Virtual Console.

I've never played Jet Grind, but I've played Jet Set Radio Future on the Xbox and loved it.

I've always heard the Dreamcast was one of the most unique and underappreciated consoles of all time.

It had graphics better than the PS2, even though it came out before it; they were almost Xbox-quality right?

NateTheGreat said:
It would be great if Dreamcast games were available on the Wii's Virtual Console.

I've never played Jet Grind, but I've played Jet Set Radio Future on the Xbox and loved it.

I've always heard the Dreamcast was one of the most unique and underappreciated consoles of all time.

It had graphics better than the PS2, even though it came out before it; they were almost Xbox-quality right?

Not quite. They were leaps and bounds over Playstation One, and certain games looked as good as Playstation 2's early releases, but the Dreamcast was in between PS One and PS2 (though more towards the PS2 side). It was released in 1999 and yes, was very underrated. It wasn't advertised very much but I have many memories with it, and so do my friends. Some still play it religiously.

- Scythe

Oh, well never mind then. I remember playing Sonic for the first time on a Dreamcast in some toy store. It was the beach level where a whale chases you. I think that was one of the first times I was really afraid when playing a videogame.:lol:

Dreamcast never played one, heard they were a different experiance to the other consoles of its time

Me 2, Ive never played a dreamcast, and its not on my priorities to play one of those games...

Arcadium said:
Me 2, Ive never played a dreamcast, and its not on my priorities to play one of those games...
heh, same here. I like the re-released games like PSO and Sonic Adventure DX

Yeh I think if it is re-released it'll be the same as the first time

some company tryed to relaunch the Atari jaguar and lynx "over ere" they appeared in my local game dirt cheap (£20 jag £25 lynx)

I never had a Dreamcast, but i know plenty of people with one. The Dreamcast was an amazing system that got pushed out of the way with the arrival of the PS2. It had amazing graphics for its time, original and fun games. It had a sense of "strange-ness" that had never been seen before and still has not been seen. The Wii will be the same as the Dreamcast in the sense that it is going outside "the box", but it will suceed where the Dreamcast failed.

Back