Drummers thread: discussion for the best friggin instrument EVER

tank

Semper Ubi Sub Ubi
Nov 26, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Already a guitar Players thread, so how but drummers!

Anyone else out there play?

This was my old setup. I opened it in paint and drew in where my second snare usually sits
cee7f5a9.jpg

newer set up, cymbals, and pedals
newdrums.jpg

This isn't even newest: That lil 6 inch splash got replaced with a new 18 inch crash, and I have coated heads on all the toms now ( much better sound)

dude, I respect you. Taking on the drums, the least respected member of a band. I think the only mainstream drummer people know is Ringo.

How has tyler not posted yet?

also, I could never play guitar. I have no foot/hand coordination at all. Just fingers.
mm_rockon.gif

Nice set up, if you had a few more cymbols and toms it would almost remind me of mike portnoys set :lol:

Nice set up.

The only drum I have ever played was the Bass drum in grade 8 or so...

It was a requirement to either take band or drama and something else...

Spiritshotgun said:
Nice set up, if you had a few more cymbols and toms it would almost remind me of mike portnoys set :lol:

A few more? try 17 more toms and 28 more cymbals.

I think those numbers are actually very close. That's for the "Purple monster" though, he has like 6 different kits

D.T. = Uber drumming

tank said:
A few more? try 17 more toms and 28 more cymbals.

I think those numbers are actually very close. That's for the "Purple monster" though, he has like 6 different kits

D.T. = Uber drumming

Yeah I didnt feel like exaggerating lol, you know what I meant by few :p.

My friend is a drummer and he told me about a dude who did calculations and stuff and does classical drums, but basically he has his cybmbals custom made and they are noted like e, f, f#, g etc. I dont remember who it is, I want to find a video. =/ ill prolly have to ask him again.

Having tuned cymbals is awesome. You can do some pretty amazing sounding stuff with it like matching crashes with the melody and what not. Good stuff

Do you know the name of anyone who uses them? i'd actually like to hear that all by itself, not so much in a song...like something on youtube perhaps that you might know of?

Back