Durability of the Wii

Mark OTVII

i dream of xenu
Feb 14, 2007
NY
Wii Online Code
5988-6040-4514-3565
I had the Wii over at a friend's house to play on his massive projector screen, and the three year old son of his roommate went running by and kicked over it over accidentally. The thing fell pretty hard but the game didn't miss a beat, and there wasn't a scratch on it.

Any other horror stories regarding the durability of this console? Should I be at all concerned?

It's a very well built console but knocking anything over will damage it in someway or another?

Over time, yes.. I don't foresee this happening again, except with little kids/pets running near cords. Thankfully I have neither myself.

Nintendo is very well know for it's durability. Although some scratches may appear on the exterior, the interior will most likely not be damaged. My N64 fell off a countertop and everything still worked fine.

I was playing wii sports tennis with my mom and she hit her soda and some of it spilled on my wii but it still works like a charm

P.S. No one can have drinks in my room anymore :D

spicka said:
P.S. No one can have drinks in my room anymore :D

Good. Set ground rules and hold fast to them. I don't even let people look directly at mine for fear of their eyes wearing a hole in it.

Dear God, is the Wii turning us all into covetous savages?

My Wii fell from about a foot drop of the tv table but no damages

Nintendo makes durable consoles dont worry man. My gcube took some water and pop and got dropped once or twice and it was fine. The Wii maybe is a bit different though, but overall it should be fine.

on X-Play they did a durability test on the Gamecube, Playstation, and X-Box. Of course the playstation lost the first round which was having a weight dropped on it. X-Box not a scratch. Next she hit them on the side with a sludge hammer. Both GC and X-Box survived. Finally morgan webb dropped them from a high thing. The turn on switch for the x-box came off so it lost. And gamecube was rough with the top crooked. she managed to force it closed and it WORKED! Nintendo knows how to make their systems durable.

Gamecube is probablt Nintendos' most durable consoles after the N64.

yeh my ds has been dropped onto solid concrete from like 3 metres up and it didnt even have a scratch on it.

wows! i heard some stories like this.. the Wii is very STRONG. hehe. :] Nintendo is awesome.. i just love how they make it.. good quality. thats what we all need.

My Wii Fell From A Three Foot High Speaker While I Was Playing DDR:Mario Mix For The GC... I Was Like:

HOLY CRAP!!!

And I Rushed To Save It...
It Was O.K.

Back