DVD on Wii

A lot of people know how to get pirate games and movies nowadays. Piracy is becoming a very big issue now, and possibly say DVD Movie to cover up what they would actually want to do. The reason Nintendo probably didn't want the Wii to play DVD's is because there would be a problem with people bypassing the Wii's security to not allow copied DVDs/CDs, then more people will find a way to load un-paid for games onto the Wii through something simple like the disc swap method which has already been done between playing import games like the Japanese Biohazard swapping with Europe Resi 4, it's a bit like not using a FreeLoader. I know these two have been fixed through updates, but then how many updates will Nintendo need to do to stop piracy on the Wii, they've managed to block a certain mod-chip's Config. Disc, but the creator of the mod-chip came back with an updated Disc, causing more piracy problems on the Wii. It also voids your warranty and could potentially brick your Wii through finding "invalid" things attached to the Wii by firmware updates. Which makes it Super Duper Sumos illegal. I saw a really good discussion about chipping a DS and some were talking Wii modifications, too bad I couldn't post a link to it since it would be advertising and I can't be bothered to quote it all, just the most important parts:
Getting a console chipped (apart from often being technically illegal) allows you to play imported and backed up (i.e. pirated!) games on the console in question.

On consoles like the PS2, Wii etc this involves opening up the case, invalidating the warranty, and phsically connecting a chip internally.
Mod chips are illegal because they allow people to play copied copyrighted games on their console. You may own the console but you may not own the video games the mod chip will allow you to play. It's basically to lower piracy figures.
I'm pretty sure a law was past in the last two years making it illegal to chip consoles.

Here's 2 links(hoping this isn't advertising, but the UK should know about BBC) about chipped XBOXs and PS2s

BBC: Chipped XBOXs.

BBC: Chipped PS2s.

Did anyone hear about the recent raids in Germany over modded Wiis? Was quite interesting.

Back