emos!

again, i am a total rook to this forum...
but wtf are emos? and what are cutters? cutting with what? words, a friggin' knife?! what?

I would first say google but that comes up with strange sites with even worse pictures...
So, to Wikipedia I went, and here are the main points you need to know if you for some reason still don't know what an Emo is:

An "emo person" is candid about their emotions, sensitive, shy, introverted, broken-hearted, glum, and often quiet. Emo personality is also often connected with writing poetry, which addresses confusion, depression, loneliness, and anger, all resulting from the world's inability to understand the author.

Some definitions of emo hold that typical "emo persons" are likely to inflict self-injury, most often by means of cutting, burning, or otherwise mutilating themselves. Some assert that it is cool within the emo subculture to pretend to be suicidal and self-harm, or that participants self-harm purely for personal enjoyment. (COOL?)

thanks nkb. i'd rep you but apparently since i'm a new at this it wouldn't count anyway

It counts no matter how new you are? I don't mind, anyway :D

The only thing I dont know about emos are that they are now very steriotypically represtented, and not all cut or mutilate themselves. We have an emo at our school, she dresses up like one, talks like one, but hangs out with all the normal people. Emos confuse me.

It counts no matter how new you are? I don't mind, anyway :D

really? i heard that because i'm new, if i were to rep you would just get a gray block and it won't count to your point total for the next block.

Last edited:
Emos annoy me, the generic black fringe over one eye and stupidly tight jeans which they insist on wearing half way down their arse, i don't want to see your boxers, you've probably **** yourself anyway.
They're all attention seeking, be it acting depressed and cutting themselves or hanging around in groups of 5 or 6 laughing really loudly or acting like a complete arse in the middle of the town centre making the already problematic issue of xmas shopping even more tedious as you have to dodge a couple of idiots who are "playfighting" on the floor.

The music is the bit that gets me, the amount of generic crap that continually gets released is painful. Band after band come venturing across from the US trying to be the new green day or MCR and failing badly. My Chemical Romance are dreadful, i'm delighted they got bottled at a UK music festival last year and if i had the chance to shoot the lead singer called Gerard (nice name) i would.

That's my rant, they're all SCUM !!

i hate emo kids im sorry but ya know what? your sister called and she wants her jeans back.....ugh

"omg i cut myself because i cant stand the pain, i did it on my wrist so everyone can see the bandage with that stupid heart triangle armband that i wear over it. then i go home and sit in my dark room writing poetry that makes no sense but its ok, i have a gf whos tripping on asprin right now- she gets me but no one else does"

i swear if my friggen kid (when i have one) grows up like one of those kids, ill kill em myself! hell ill GIVE them the knife (not a friggen lady bic razor with a moisture strip that makes a "papercut") ughhh!!

sorry that was my rant!!!

Outstanding, simply outstanding. Definately no need to apologise for that masterpiece.

This whole emo sucks thing is so PLAYED OUT.

It's really funny how a lot of people that are so opposed to emos used to be emo themselves until it got uncool.

We already know most people hate emos, ok. Now let's move on and get on with our lives shall we, and atleast diss something new please.

How about we make fun of LABELERS, the people who are boring and don't attempt to be individuals because they're afraid they'll be called emo, prep, or nerd or something.

Last edited:
I don't even know how anybody could think cutting is OK. I mean, you're putting your life at risk when you cut. I don't HATE emos, I just think that if you purposely harm yourself, you need help.

I used to get called an Emo when my hair was like this.......

I let my hair get too long, got a hair cut now though..... cant keep the girls of me now lol=p

Back