Energy Consumption Rates, Same or Different?

wiipizza@@

WiiChat Member
Dec 31, 2007
hey guys, whether you use a HDTV or a small, standard-size television, i was wondering if anyone one of you'd know if the HD one uses up more energy of the Wii than the standard sized TV? Please let me know.

Thanks.

No television uses ANY of the Wii's energy. The Wii does not produce energy other than heat (which is dissipated from the unit through the vents); the Wii does produce an audio/visual signal, but I wouldn't consider that energy. So, the Wii only CONSUMES energy (electricity). However, regardless of what television you hook your Wii up to, the Wii is going to consume the same amount of energy. Although, as should be completely obvious, a large HDTV is going to consume way more energy itself than a small little TV.

The wii *might* take some extra power splitting the video or something in 480p, but the difference is so negligible compared to anything else. *cough*PS3*cough*

i think hes asking more or less about the T.V energy consumption... maybe to argue with parents to get him an hd? lol

anyways all the newer t.v's plasma,LCD,DLP,Projection usually use less energy than a smaller tube style t.v. alot even have energy star rattings i know mine does...

Its more the screen type then weather its HD or ED or SD all of thouse factors would make very minimal differances

Higest to lowest power consumption
36-tube/CRT > 36-Plasma > 36-LCD > 36-Projection/DLP

now if you have an EDTV or HDTV that is still a tube style tv "even flat screen" its not going to make much of a differeance in power consumption unless there is a big leap in years between what you have now and what your buying... most newer tube style t.v's are better on the electric bill then an older ones but still probably the worst for power consumption... specially when you campare it by size

Last edited:
Back