Evolution: Are you being brainwashed?

Brawny said:
Hey skippy maybe you shouldn't have said

I should have said "Don't underestimate what it means to have faith in reference to being saved by faith alone"

Many people think that having faith basically just means saying that they believe in God and Christ, so that's the specific point I was countering.

Hi again

The thing that I really hate about science is that it doesn't take intuition into account, or even look into it...
I also Hate how it is taught in school. They teach micro-evolution as macro-evolution showing that, "Oh since mutations cause to change things in species (it does), then that is how it changes the species (id doesn't)" <- NOTE: This is simplified

Micro-evolution exists, doesn't change species though, just attributes...
Macro-evolution doesn't have any scientific evidence at all...

coolsmile said:
The thing that I really hate about science is that it doesn't take intuition into account, or even look into it...
I also Hate how it is taught in school. They teach micro-evolution as macro-evolution showing that, "Oh since mutations cause to change things in species (it does), then that is how it changes the species (id doesn't)" <- NOTE: This is simplified

Micro-evolution exists, doesn't change species though, just attributes...
Macro-evolution doesn't have any scientific evidence at all...

That's because modern science is about facts. If you can't put your money where your mouth is, then you fail as a scientist. It sounds harsh but it keeps the crap out. Also, Macro-evolution doesn't have DIRECT proof. But there's enough indirect proof for the theory of evolution to be accepted by scientists. And macro-evolution will always be a theory, just like how the atomic theory will always be "just a theory".

Hey, anyone know about francis collins and The Language of God: A Scientist Presents Evidence for Belief (his book). I would classify myself as a lesser Theistic Evolutionist and I'm looking into getting this book. B&N by me wouldn't get a copy for another month :(

Brawny said:
Maybe you shouldn't be so weird though. Nipples? are you 10? Your intro is really blasphemous too.
Someone said that on n-europe said that. I found it funny. So i thought you would, too./ Obviously American and European humour is different. Oh, yeah, and check Shino from n-europe. Got my entrance from him. But he is an aethiest...

Just check his profile if you dinnae believe me

Dude, 80% of our DNA we share with mice. DNA doesn't prove everything. Like I said earlier, 2% is actually quite a lot.

When we talk about dna, I hate it because a lot of people don't know what the're talking about. Scientists are finding that the DNA is less and less than like chimps. Unfortunately, it's not 97% Shared dna, its getting down to like 85% dna "shared"

Oh, and chimps don't even have the same number of chromosomes as humans do...

Look at this website, It has a lot of imformation that would go against evolution that I'm too lazy to post: HERE!!!

DNA changes at a constant rate. Therefore, scientists can calculate and give an estimation of specific evolutionary points (ex. speech). As it turns out, a certain amount of a gene is needed for a specific, critical function that makes us human. Through the years, that gene in hominids built up in numbers. Eventually, a change occurs.

I can't remember the specifics but I read an article in Newsweek about DNA testing and tracing human origins. Apparently, it is quite useful and perhaps much more useful than studying fossils. Using DNA testing from body lice, scientists manage to give the date when humans started growing less hair (we are relatively hairless compared to mammals).

The link merely shows why evolution is a theory and not a law/fact. I don't think it discredits evolution. I have heard something very interesting concerning the origins of life but I KNOW you won't like it.

Last edited:
It is funny how we go around in circles. Guys, I already posted this video about 4 or 5 pages ago, what more do you need???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs1zeWWIm5M

Oh, and by the way:

Law of biogenesis. People once believed that maggots were spontaneously generated from the flesh of dead animals. They thought life could come from non-life. Louis Pasteur proved beyond doubt that life cannot arise from non-life. This is not a scientific theory, but a law. Proponents of evolution contend that life did arise spontaneously from non-life at least once in the past, in other words, that this particular natural law was broken or nonexistent sometime in the past.

Yeah, you see they are talking about alchemy which was an absurd mystical pseudo science. Life has to come from "non-life." If life was always there then there would be no point to creation. Judeo-Christian belief is that man was created from dust... FROM DUST! That isn't any different than alchemical science thinking that rotten meat produced maggots.

Complexity of DNA code. The capacity of DNA to store information vastly exceeds that of any known system created by intelligent man. If the information in an individual's DNA were in small type in books like the telephone book, it would take a stack of books 46 feet high to hold all the information. Yet there is a DNA molecule in every one of the ten trillion cells in a human body. The design information to specify every person who has ever lived and every species of animal and plant which has ever existed would fit into a cup, with room left over.

Wait, is that supposed to refute evolution? Because DNA is so complex it couldn't come about without some sort of creator? Give me a freaking break, man.

Sexual reproduction. Evolutionists often point out that humans and chimpanzees share 99% of genetic material. Yet humans have 26 sets of chromosomes and chimps have 39. For two animals to mate, their chromosomes must match or "zip together." The proposed divergence of chimps and humans from a common ancestor is said to have occurred after sexual reproduction began. If the theory of evolution is true, an animal must have been born at some time in the past with a different number of chromosomes than its parents. Unless that animal was able to mate, it would have no adaptive advantage. Therefore, if evolution as proposed is true, two animals must have experienced the same change in the number of chromosomes in the same geographic location during the same generation. Although "coincidences" such as this have not been observed in nature, they must have happened thousands of times in the course of history if natural evolution is to account for what exists today.

The first "fact" in this is false. Just watch the video I posted to see how misinformed this paragraph is. See, science is an ever changing thing and there is no telling how old this information is seeing as there aren't any sources listed. The chimpanzee genome was only mapped a few years back so now we can further understand how exactly we relate to them.
We humans are unique, however, does it hurt your pride that much to think that we are actually related to the animal kingdom? That we aren't so uber special and above everything?
For people of faith to submit to god and degrade themselves in such a way as to call themselves "dust before him," they sure seem to have a god-like complex about how they think they can control everything like this earth was made for them exclusively. It makes me sick.

I really could post more about how that link you (coolsmile) presented to us has very little to do with evolution. Thermodynamics? Pfft... :crazy:

coolsmile said:
Oh, and chimps don't even have the same number of chromosomes as humans do...

I know, we have 46 and they have 48. That is 23 human pairs and 24 chimpanzee pairs.

Last edited:
Back