Father at age 13.

Why is the amount of Alfie's home always mentioned?
Even once I do the conversion in Australia dollars it isn't even that appealing. Although if you live in these council homes, maybe it is...
Is the house considered to be "up market" for the area or something??

Why is the amount of Alfie's home always mentioned?
Even once I do the conversion in Australia dollars it isn't even that appealing. Although if you live in these council homes, maybe it is...
Is the house considered to be "up market" for the area or something??

Seems like a very expensive amount to pay to a house to me. If the media is mentioning it too it obviously shows that it's a very nice house too.

Especially compared to a government home...

Expensive yes, but where I live with thats practically the minimum you pay. Although perhaps the Australian housing market is more expensive.

Expensive yes, but where I live with thats practically the minimum you pay. Although perhaps the Australian housing market is more expensive.

You should also keep in mind that the pound has lost about 30% of its value in the last year or so too. They could still be quoting the price back when the pound was the most valuable currency (as most people still do), but when you converted, it wasn't as much.

Well I can imagine it being more expensive in Australia.

Around here you can get houses for $10,000 if you look in the right places(still gotta do some work on them though). Just make sure to have theft insurance on your car...

Not sure if it has been brought up already but basically, it could be a scam because apparently the girl slept around but the girls family believed saying the 13y/o was the father would earn them some money and it went from there.

Yeah on the morning show this morning it had something about the family trying to get as much money as they could by saying Alfie was the father, you know the whole 'OMG 13 year old' thing. But I only caught the last bit of the report so I can't be sure.

oh well, humankind becoming more and more stupid will only make it easier and easier for our potential alien invaders to annihilate us.

on a more serious note, i read this on neogaf and boy were they ripping at this story. seriousely, thats why i find teenagekind stupid (i am a teenager btw)

There was a girl in my middle school that was in 6th grade that got pregnant from her 20 year old boyfriend...

Back