Faulty Wii? Hardware issues?

Thanks guys had trouble with my wii remote just cutting off when i took the nunchuk out, but after re-syncing with the tips on this page it seems to be working again :cool:

Wii remote works in games but the cursor doesn't appear in other channels(only sometimes when turned on its side). I searched through all the troubleshooters and found that under the sensitivity setting for the sensor bar I only had one blinking light. When I called customer service, they had me look through my digital camera at the sensor bar. I only saw a red light from the right side of the sensor bar. It turns out the sensor bar is faulty and we'll have to wait for a new one.
It's odd that the games still work, but we must only be playing through one sensor. Hope this can help others bypass the hours of searching and holding on the phone...

Daedulus131 said:
I suppose I should mention it, as Nintendo says I'm the only one they've heard of.
I got my Wii Sunday without a problem (I work at a Toys R Us), got it home once I got off work. Played Wii Sports and Rayman for a while, with some occasional lockups on load screens in Rayman. I figured it was the usual launch system stutters, and made do.
Then I tried Red Steel, which locked up on the Ubisoft intro movie, about five seconds in. And Zelda locked up on the "Secure the wrist strap" screen before it even got into the game.
Nintendo had never heard anything like it, and sent me a new one. Should be here soon.

My mate has the same problem. Got his from the game shop in UK exeter, freezes on many games wont play boxing at all, zelda froze couple of times. He hasnt played it for more than 10 mins yet without getting locked. Contacted The Game, where he brought it - they said Nintendo are the only ones who can help !!!

Nitemare

if it's still on warranty, tell the store they have to replace it since it's their policy

ok...so today i got the wii and anyways

it worked fine for about 3 and 1/2 hours

and when i come back i play need for speed carbon anyways

that was for about 30 minutes and i quit

and notice that my cursior wasnt working

so i moved closer to the t.v. and it worked
and when i go to far away its out of range...but eariler today it worked fine in the place i was sitting and now i cant sit there ...i have to sit 4 feet in front of my t.v.

anyone delt with this?

macronk said:
My problem is the Wiimote. I'll be playing a game (so far Wii Sports and Cars) and sometimes the controller will just disconnect or shutdown. Also the wii cursor isn't that smooth on the Wii Menu. When I move it fast, it has rocky movement, especially when I get near the edges of the screen.
The rocky movement could be because your far away from your sensor bar, it goes like that with mine as my soffas pretty far from the sensor bar, just try sitting closer, and as for the controller I can't help you there sorry

Hi I'm not all that sure whether I have a problem with the sensor bar or the wiimote. Evererything appears to be perfectly fine apart from when I have to move forwards or backwards (for example baseball, tennis, bowling etc.) any ideas?

When I setup the Wii at my aunt's house on Christmas Eve I too noticed that once you go past a certain distance the Wiimote just struggles to communicate with the Wii's Sensor Bar. At her house, with the Sensor Bar on top of the tv, it was about 8-10 feet.

im getting the WiiConnect24 error code 110213. My brothers Wii can connect and update fine and get on the internet through our linksys router. This error i have happened right after i did teh first update and it restarted. Do i have to send mine back? :(

p.s. both consoles are from launch day. we camped out :cryin:

It not a problem, just a general question, didn't know where else to put it.

Can the Nintendo USB Wifi dongle be used with anything else other than the Wii & DS. I've seen descriptions of third party dongles been able to let other devices to connect, and was wondering is this apples with the Nintendo USB or if it can only be used with the Wii & DS.

i think so

the dongle is made by Buffalo, check their website, they have one which have the same shape, and if you check the "Nintendo" USB dongle, it's written "powered by Buffalo" on it, because Buffalo made that thing FOR Nintendo with their logo.

but i bet you can use any kind of USB Wi-Fi dongles around, it'll just detect the Wi-Fi connection as it detect a wireless router.

Our wii locked up .:( Sounds like a common problem Nintendo is sending me a new one in three days I hope they have fixed thier problem . Let me know if anyone knows how to fix it .

Back