Faulty Wii? Hardware issues?

Heya

So, at launch I managed to get a Wii from a bundle deal. Played it, had no problems. Good 40 hours of Zelda before I put it away for a bit. Recently, thanks to Christmas, I managed to pick up a few more games. Thing is, anything other than Zelda it will not play. I can get a few Excite Truck races going before It locks up, Red Steel doesnt make it past the Wii Strap menu, and Elebits merely lets me start story mode before it locks up.

What I cant figure out is, since Zelda seemed to work fine, is it the games or the Wii's problem?

if you have strange problems with your Wii, just tell Nintendo or the store where you bought it.

you can register your Wii on "My Nintendo", on the Nintendo website, for a whole 1-year Warranty, for free!

Another Wii Problem (Graphic Rendering)

Another Wii Problem

I'm having a problem with what i believe to be rendering of graphics... when i start or play zelda twilight the characters i perform with seem to have spasmatic body changes as i go or w/e.. also in boxing it will often come to a hardboiled view of my gloves and lock up... also on other games i have certain problems... i recorded a video which i attached at the end to help show the problem i have (the encoder made the sound buggy but we are just looking at graphics... and its kinda a sorry put-together recording so~ my apologies)... I believe that i may have to send this somewhere or take it back~ idk... i've already registered it on my Nintendo for the extended warranty... any ideas what i should do?
thanks in advance

Video Link: http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/7/24/141853/wii_problem.MP4

yes it's the first time i see something like this...

if it happen with most of your games, it must be the system, return it...

Last edited:
My remote is not working. Or perhaps it is the sensor bar, I'm not entirely sure.

Yesterday it worked fine, I turned it off, and went out. The following morning I went to play it and the remote was no longer working. The cursor was not appearing. It was not dropped, nothing had happened to it. And from what I can ascertain the remote can withstand being thrown against walls.

I figured perhaps the batteries had run out, I replaced them. Nothing happened. I turned off the console, turned it back on and still the remote did not work.

I tried to re-sync it. Nothing. The lights are not flashing whatsoever. I am getting absolutely no response from the Wii remote. I replaced the batteries for a third time, still no go. I tried holding the sync button on the console for 15-20 seconds. And then tried re-syncing. Nothing. The lights did not even flash.

I unplugged everything and left it unplugged for nearly 10 minutes. Plugged it all back in, still the remote failed to connect, or do anything for that matter.

By now, I was very annoyed. Went away for a few hours, and came back later to see if it had fixed itself over time. Of course it hadn't. I have also even left the batteries out for nearly 10 mins. Still nothing.

Any suggestions? Or should I just take it back to the retailer? Or whomever I need to take/send it back too. Why would it just do that? I had no problems with it right up until that point. As mentioned above, it wasn't dropped, and wasn't even touched since the last time I played it when it was working fine. Unless someone merely is not owning up. However, I'd like to believe by now they would have confessed to have done something.

take it back to the store, tell them about this problem. Or if you prefer, you can tell Nintendo about that. The annoying part is you have to wait to get a replacement (but shipping is free, check the Nintendo website about their shipping methods).

i still need to test my Wii with 2+ players/Wiimotes...

Okay, thanks. I'll take it back to the store. The only problem is the store is well known for putting up a fight against returns. I should know, I work at one of the chains of the company.

Ekiushi said:
Okay, thanks. I'll take it back to the store. The only problem is the store is well known for putting up a fight against returns. I should know, I work at one of the chains of the company.

they don't have the right to do this! Stores will replace your product if it broke within 90 days. If they are not happy, tell them you have the law on your side and they will lose if they're going in court for that!

tell me, is is Best Buy or Future Shop?

they are known here for being grumpy when we return stuff...

geez....i took a 5-years warranty from Best Buy for my LCD monitor, if i return something that broke in that 5 years, i want my product replaced! (or something similar, if discontinued).

I've got a problem and have no idea what's going on.

Bought my console at the UK launch (8th December) so it's only 3 weeks old. About a week ago I noticed the disk drive makes a funny noise when I play Red Steel. The last couple of days I've noticed that it actually makes this noise whenever a disk is inserted. It's a weird, sort of vibrating noise. The games are not affected at all so it seems but the noise is VERY annoying.

I e-mailed Nintendo on Thursday but no reply so far. It's strange how this came out of the blue anyone got an idea what could be causing it?

Nah, Raptor, I'm in Australia. It was from Big W. Part of Woolworths limited. I once had a huge argument with someone about returning cheese, I have no idea why I wasn't allowed to accept it, but I wasn't. That was at Woolworths, anyways. Big W hate taking returns, it refused to accept back a phone once. But, this would be different. I've only had it for three weeks. Yelling always works too.

Ekiushi said:
Nah, Raptor, I'm in Australia. It was from Big W. Part of Woolworths limited. I once had a huge argument with someone about returning cheese, I have no idea why I wasn't allowed to accept it, but I wasn't. That was at Woolworths, anyways. Big W hate taking returns, it refused to accept back a phone once. But, this would be different. I've only had it for three weeks. Yelling always works too.

it's good to have a muscled/buff friend and/or someone good at yelling, then.
Because here, within 3 weeks, they wouldn't be in law if they don't replace it and they would be in big trouble.

as for the corrupted files, buy yourself a SD Card (not the "Nintendo" one, you can take any SD Card out there, up to 2gb), and do backups of your files regularly.

I am confused on how to copy files to the Wii memory card, which is why I think my Wii has a problem. You see, from the Wii menu I go to the Wii in the bottom-left corner, and etc. but when I view my files and click them (yes, my memory card is in the SD slot), it only gives me the options to erase my files and not copy them. This really flusters me. Does anybody have any ideas as to what could be wrong? What does formatting the memory do? Was that something that I should have done? I dont want to do it because it will erase all of the data that i want to copy to the SD card.

some files are not copyable (like the Metal Slug Anthology file) i wonder why.

but if you insert a SD Card and ask to copy a file that is copyable, you shouldn't have problem copying it.

don't forget it takes SD Cards up to 2gb only, and i believe the slot only take normal SD Cards (not the "ultra-high speed" SD Card)

Keep getting a weird error on my Wii.

I go to play a game, it doesn't automatically start. So, I go to the disc channel and it says 'Initiating wii update', you press okay, then it says failed and resets itself thus chucking you back to the main screen.

This is with any game I try to play. Happened last night, and 15 or so minutes later it worked fine? Just wondered whether anyone else was getting this, as I'm not sure why my Wii is constantly looking for an update as I know for a fact I have updated the system software to the latest version.
All the other channels work fine - of which do not ask me to update at all. I can browse the net, look at the weather, go to my mii channel, shop etc perfectly fine.

I've looked through a few of these pages already and haven't seen anyone mention it...

Back