Faulty Wii? Hardware issues?

naisatoh said:
Anyone ever have their Wii's make motor noises while loading? It's such a scary sound.. and it only happens once in a while. Has this happened to anyone?
yeah i rented scarface and it would do that. stupid game

having trouble with playing Mario Strikers (GC title) on 2 player mode on my Wii. Player 2 goes haywire regardless of which GC controller I am using. Each controller works fine separately, but when I try 2 player mode, whoever uses player 2 has no control. The character just spins in circles. I've tried swapping controllers, but it's still the same result- so the controller is not the problem. Can anyone help? thanks - Ethan

ethanl said:
having trouble with playing Mario Strikers (GC title) on 2 player mode on my Wii. Player 2 goes haywire regardless of which GC controller I am using. Each controller works fine separately, but when I try 2 player mode, whoever uses player 2 has no control. The character just spins in circles. I've tried swapping controllers, but it's still the same result- so the controller is not the problem. Can anyone help? thanks - Ethan

If you've confirmed that the controller is the problem, then try returning the game (MS) and get a new copy. There might be a scratch i the disc which is making the controllers act strange. I'm pretty sure it's not the Wii.

Got a problem!! Was playing Wii Sports and when we went into Tennis, the screen just went black. Now am not able to get any video or audio, so cant even see the Wii Menu. Tried on the other TV as well, so I assume my only option is to send to Nintendo to fix...

Not sure if I posted this already but I found my Wii has a tendancy to eat Gamecube discs, it's really quite worrying...

I'll go to put a Gamecube disc in and it'll make spinning noises for a little while, then it'll stop. I'll go to the Disc Channel and despite there being a Gamecube game inside it'll think there is nothing in at all. Consequently, the 'Eject' button will not work either, so the disc is stuck inside...

The only way I've managed to get my Gamecube discs out is by putting another Gamecube disc in partway, not fully, but just enough for it to register a disc going in, then pull it out. This is sometimes enough for the console to register the first discs presence inside the disc bay, and allow you to eject it.

Is there any solution to this problem? Anything to stop it happening? The guy at EB Games told me it's because the discs are small and the bay is large... I don't buy it. Surely Nintendo must have come across this problem in the Beta testing...

I've found you have to load the discs at a certain location in the disc bay... Sort of near the centre, but slightly offset, a little higher sometimes... It's weird though, and we shouldn't have to do it like that... So I want to know if this is a recurring problem or do I just have a malfunctioning unit?

I have 2 wii remotes, and when I turn on my wii, it can automatically detect one of my wii remote, but not the other one.
Is it supposed to be like that ? Is it that only 1 remote can be used when i startup the wii ?
Because whenever I play those 2 player games e.g WII sport, i have to press that button where i add another remote, and THEN it can detect my 2nd wii remote. <But i thought it should be a default that 2 remotes are set into the wii already so no need to add the 2nd remote>

1. I have check the batteries
2. I have press the sync both in the remote and on the wii....but its the same
3. Also i have tried to reconnect my wii remotes via the wii remote setting, in there it can detect both of my wii remotes.....but when i got out of that screen, only the hand of the remote 1 stays there, but remote 2 disappeared.

Does that mean my remote 2 is not working properly ?

dalinkwent817 said:
I was about to play Trauma Center: Second Opinion for the first time. After I put the game in the console, the game title appeared normally in the Wii channel screen.

When I tried starting the game, it sounded like the system was having a hard time loading the disc. (It was scanning, repeatedly and louder than normal.) After about 30 seconds, it game me an error screen. :confused:

I forgot exactly what it was. So I ejected the game, restarted the system, and tried again. The second time, it loaded up perfectly. I hope this doesn't happen more often. I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else.
same here man...i felt really guilty that i bought the wii instead of the ps3...lol

Turning the Wii on it's side works wonders.

After my Wiimote failed to connect to my Wii I panicked and found this website. I realise that my Wii probably overheated as it was nestled between my TV and Stereo which are old and chunky.

I've let the machine cool off and placed it on it's side and things are doing fine now. Thanks xxx

:wink:

yo
i am having trouble with the wii remotes on system start-up.
i turn on the wii, and then the disclaimer regarding health and safety comes up, which normally is the time when i press "A" on the wii remote and it proceeds into the home menu. now i have an issue where i cannot get either wii remote to connect at the beginning to navigate the menu or even the disclaimer. using fresh batteries and pressed the "sync" button numerous times. any help appreciated!

i've had my wii for just under a fortnight and i have already got problems.
the problem is that when i put in a disc you can hear it trying to read it but when you go to the disc screen it says "unable to read disc". any one got any ideas?????? i'd appreciate any help!!!!!!!!!!!! i have done all the trouble shooting from the manual

lets sum it up in one here

the nintendo wii is a piece of f**king Shite.
i bought mine 2 weeks ago (over half a year from launch date) - ive downloaded plenty of VC games and the internet browser and its been working absolutely perfectly since- THIS MORNING.
except when the wiimotes unsync but that fixes with an easy power unplug.

i recently downloaded zelda 64 ocarina of time started playing everythin was fine was playing it last night for hours lol and i fell asleep with the wii left on - but ive done this before on the wii and on other consoles n no probs at all....

woke up in the morning, wii still on zelda screen still up try to turn it off with remote - dont work, tried holding down power button - dont work.. so i ave to unplug and im thinking, ok then.

try to load up zelda again and it crashes just before i press Start button so now im like, ok ill try again.
held down power button, turned off and on again and now the f**king think doesnt boot up just a black screen.
Unplugged the power for 10 minutes plugged back in and it was working so i was like Few............

played wii bowling for 2 mintues and it CRASHED AGAIN.
so now im thinking - WHAT THE FUUUUUCK!

repeated this unplug process over and over again to see if it stops crashing, the longest ive played any game now without it crashing is 2 minutes and sometimes it doesnt even boot up, i feel like throwing this shitf**k of a console out the window..

any1 with the same problem please let me know if uve fixed it or anything as this is frustrating as F**K

EDIT - doesnt even boot up now just black screen (cry)

Last edited:
lofz said:
lets sum it up in one here

the nintendo wii is a piece of f**king Shite.
i bought mine 2 weeks ago (over half a year from launch date) - ive downloaded plenty of VC games and the internet browser and its been working absolutely perfectly since- THIS MORNING.
except when the wiimotes unsync but that fixes with an easy power unplug.

i recently downloaded zelda 64 ocarina of time started playing everythin was fine was playing it last night for hours lol and i fell asleep with the wii left on - but ive done this before on the wii and on other consoles n no probs at all....

woke up in the morning, wii still on zelda screen still up try to turn it off with remote - dont work, tried holding down power button - dont work.. so i ave to unplug and im thinking, ok then.

try to load up zelda again and it crashes just before i press Start button so now im like, ok ill try again.
held down power button, turned off and on again and now the f**king think doesnt boot up just a black screen.
Unplugged the power for 10 minutes plugged back in and it was working so i was like Few............

played wii bowling for 2 mintues and it CRASHED AGAIN.
so now im thinking - WHAT THE FUUUUUCK!

repeated this unplug process over and over again to see if it stops crashing, the longest ive played any game now without it crashing is 2 minutes and sometimes it doesnt even boot up, i feel like throwing this shitf**k of a console out the window..

any1 with the same problem please let me know if uve fixed it or anything as this is frustrating as F**K

You obviously do not know how to take care of a machine properly and ended up with a broken Wii. It must have froze from overheating. I'd call Nintendo.
Or just leave it for a bit. Let it cool down. You also may be starting to fill up your Wii to a point where its starting to slow down. Leave it be for a day or two let it cool, try again, then if it aiin't working get rid of a few games and try again, then call Ninty for help.

Last edited:
well thats a nicer reply :)
i only have 8 VC games - just said plenty as in enough to keep me going.

ive left the VC for ages and it feels cold it doesnt even boot up all the time anymore and when it does it crashes after 2 minutes :///

Back