Faulty Wii? Hardware issues?

lofz said:
well thats a nicer reply :)
i only have 8 VC games - just said plenty as in enough to keep me going.

ive left the VC for ages and it feels cold it doesnt even boot up all the time anymore and when it does it crashes after 2 minutes :///

Oh dear, is it all VC or just N64?
I'd still call Nintendo.

two n64 games.
one turbografx
four nintendo oldschool games
one sega...

cba to go through with all this sending the console back and waiting 2-3 weeks FFS this is shoddy

lofz said:
two n64 games.
one turbografx
four nintendo oldschool games
one sega...

cba to go through with all this sending the console back and waiting 2-3 weeks FFS this is shoddy

Just don't leave it on all night. :yesnod: If you do be prepared for freezing. Also apparently there are some VC games with some problems too. If you can, try to check how much memory your wii has left(clik the buton that says wii on the bottom left of the menu screen and go from there).

heh heh messaging on two different boards.
cant check how much memory i ave left theres not enough time as it freezes on the channel select screen now.

but i downloaded zelda last night and i think i had around 1500 blocks left or something.

oh yeah - i swear zelda is buggy i remember somethin that happened last night.
if you've ever played it, it crashed a couple of times when i selected the Hyrule shield when i was a kid (in the game)
and sometimes when i pressed start it would seem like it was going to crash and also when i pressed the home button a black screen came outta nowhere for bout 5 seconds.. shame console crashes before i can do anything

Last edited:
lofz said:
heh heh messaging on two different boards.
cant check how much memory i ave left theres not enough time as it freezes on the channel select screen now.

but i downloaded zelda last night and i think i had around 1500 blocks left or something

OK thats more thn me so thats not the problem. When you got up was it paused or still playing? If playing did it seem frozen? It may seem like a dumb question, but hey you never know.

If its overheating leave it be then try again in a few days.
If it ain't working then, make the call.
Or just be on the safe side and call now.

Those are my suggestions. :yesnod:

I heard some N64 games are a bit "sluggish"(being more specific) on VC.

Last edited:
right, my lil'bro's Wii's memory card slot A isnt working. when u insert a memcard in it, Wii shuts down and wont start before memcard is unplugged. B works fine, but u cant use it for Gc games. The slot had a problem earlier where memcard got stuck and had to be pulled out with blood, gore and violence ;( fixes, anyone?

Last edited:
Any time I try to access the Weather or News, I get the message "Wiiconnect24 is currently turned off."

I'm running v2.2u. Wiiconnect24 is on, Standby is on. The date/time are correct. The internet connection (wireless) is working fine. I can access wiishop without any issues. I've accepted the user agreement numerous times. Any ideas how to fix this? I've read a lot of people have this problem, have yet to see a solution. I took the battery out, waited 5 minutes, still the same problem.

I tried the following steps, still yielding the same result:

1. Turn on Wii.
2. Back up your game saves to SD card.
3. Turn off Wiiconnect24 in your settings.
4. Turn off Wii. Unplug Wii.
5. Take out battery in back of system.
6. Plug in Wii and turn on system.
7. Make sure Wiiconnect24 is still off and format Wii memory.
8. With battery still out, turn system back on and setup all your settings.
9. Turn on Wiiconnect24 and check to make sure your news channel and forecast channel will again update and run as normal. Don?t forget you will have to set up your internet connection and time and date settings again.
10. Turn off Wii. DO NOT UNPLUG.
11. Reinstall battery.

CMON NINTENDO, wake up and realize this is an ongoing problem with users!!!!

Disc will not eject

Hi, I tried searching this forum, but with so many posts it was hard to find the answer.

My WII will not eject the disc that is in there. Any tips on getting the disc out. The drive only makes noise like it wants to eject but it just cant.

Thank you

The other day on RE4 I started up the file I'm at and was gonna play around without saving. I sold a bunch of my weapons and treasures really fast and then bought red 9 and uprgraded it and blacktail all the way as fast as I could. When I got out of merchant screen the whole tv screen went black and made a noise like a maybe some kinda alarm. Couldn't turn off wii so I had to unplug it. I reapeated all of that about 3 more times and the same thing always happened. So I finally tried that stuff but when I was buying and selling I went a little slower and nothing bad happened.

GhostKilla said:
The other day on RE4 I started up the file I'm at and was gonna play around without saving. I sold a bunch of my weapons and treasures really fast and then bought red 9 and uprgraded it and blacktail all the way as fast as I could. When I got out of merchant screen the whole tv screen went black and made a noise like a maybe some kinda alarm. Couldn't turn off wii so I had to unplug it. I reapeated all of that about 3 more times and the same thing always happened. So I finally tried that stuff but when I was buying and selling I went a little slower and nothing bad happened.

This has happened to me before but not during RE4, I was in the internet channel and it froze up and made a really annoying high pitch long beep. I tried to shut it like you did and had to unplug it aswell. I really wonder what caused this. Maybe a memory overflow. Ever since the wii has been working fine though. I really want to know what went on still :confused:

theres a GC disc stuck inside my wii and i cant get it out the eject wont let it out idk what to do ):

SylphBlade said:
theres a GC disc stuck inside my wii and i cant get it out the eject wont let it out idk what to do ):

Try resetting your Wii (button below power button) while the console is turned off. If the disc will still not eject after that, send the Wii to Nintendo, they will return the Wii and the GC game.

wiimote always says its out of batteries

Hello all,

Was wondering if anyone else has experienced this before. I got the wii about a month ago and everything was fine up till now. The wiimote that came with my system is acting funny. I was playing wii sports as usual yesterday when it told me that my batteries were low. I had a second wiimote so I took the batteries out of that one and put them into the one I was using (yes, I realize now that I could have just used the other controller) it indicated that it had two bars of power left. I thought that should last me about a couple hours at least. After about 15 mins i get the warning that the batteries are low again. Now I knew something was wrong so I took the batteries out of the one I was using and put them back into the one I took them from (I apologize if I confused anyone) now the batteries in my second controller is indicating the it had all 4 bars. I swapped them several times and ended up with the same result. My original wiimote says the batteries are dead but my other wiimote says the batteries are fine.

Has anyone gone through this before. Would appreciate any help.

C

I've had a couple of "lockups" and in both cases, unplugging the unit from the wall corrected the problem.

Back